20 easy Mod Podge crafts for beginners

Prev1 of 21Next
Click arrows at right to scroll!

Are you looking for some easy craft projects to get you started with Mod Podge? Here are 20 beginner Mod Podge crafts to teach you how it's done!Are you a beginning Podger? Welcome! I’m pleased to introduce you to your new addiction. I think the best way to learn to use Mod Podge is to jump in (that’s what I did), so I’ve put together a collection of Mod Podge crafts that I believe will inspire you – from home decor to fashion to crafty. All of these are relatively easy and as a beginner, you should be able to handle these for your first try. And if you should need a little instruction, please visit my videos or my FAQ. I’m always here to help. Enjoy!

Comments

• Jenny says

Great projects! Thanks for sharing! I live in the UK and can’t find a mod podge brayer online. Can I get a regular brayer instead? If so what size is best?
      Thanks

1. Lindy @ Veni Vidi Scrappy says

Thanks for the list Amy!!!!

I have only used Mod Podge a few times but I can’t never seem to get it right. Guess I’ll have to try again. :)

2. Mel M. M. McCarthy says

Love these! I just got some waterproof Mod Podge and can’t wait to try it out.

3. Emily says

I have only Podged once so I would say I need this article. I’m stopping by from Some What Simple today. Steph sent me :)

4. Marianna says

Hi Amy!
    Your Blog Rocks!!

I have a Modge Podge question-
    Im getting married next year- Labor Day weekend 2013-so I have time but
    We traveled for 4 yrs back & forth before I relocated to Tx & my wedding is in Boston-
    soooooo I said that to say- I saved TONS of our plane tickets saved !!initially it was for nostalgic, sentimental reason-
    THEN …….I went to a wedding & saw a hat box decorated with postcards from all the couples travels -which inspired me-
    To modge podge all of our plane tickets on to the a large hat box (which I have) BUT
    I want to do it right- its my 1st time Modge Podging & I dont want to make a mess- to you have a tutorial or any advice, tips etc???

I’d appreciate it soo much
    Marianna~

5. lmc09d says

Amy,

I have a question- I’m planning to mod podge monograms/scrapbook paper on coffee cups to give as gifts. Obviously, coffee cups undergo a lot of moisture- would you recommend using Outdoor Mod Podge? And then sealing with a spray/polycrilic. I’d encourage the recipients to hand wash only with soap and water rather than using the dishwasher.

• says

Hi there! Yes I do recommend that, but Outdoor Mod Podge is very thick so you’ll probably have to stick your brush in water and make sure it’s wet rather than Mod Podging with a dry brush. You should seal with a brush-on, outdoor spray. And definitely no dishwasher! 😀

6. Abby says

I’ve never Mod Podged and have seen lots of crafts with it. I love crafts and will give this a try. Thank you!

7. Becky says

Thank you so much for the Mod Podge ideas for beginners like me!!!
    For the first time, I feel I can create crafts with the talented crafters!

8. judy says

i am a newby and i cant figure out how to keep the paper from wrinkling when podging. what am i doing wrong?

9. Craft lover :) says

Hello! My email isn’t in all caps btw haha. I have been psyched to use my new mode podge but I’m not sure if I got the right kind for the crafts i would like to try. I got the mode podge photo transfer medium. Can I still just use that kind to, for ex., glue down paper to a frame? Or what I’ve really been excited to do, make my own phone case? You just mode podge paper down on the pkain plastic case but I’m not sure if I can use this specific kind. Thanks!

10. Rebecca says

How do I stop the Mod Podge from being tacky? I covered a box & now it keeps sticking closed.