20 easy Mod Podge crafts for beginners

20 easy Mod Podge crafts for beginners - this is the best place to start!Are you a beginning Podger? Welcome! I’m pleased to introduce you to your new addiction. I think the best way to learn to use Mod Podge is to jump in (that’s what I did), so I’ve put together a collection of Mod Podge crafts that I believe will inspire you – from home decor to fashion to crafty. All of these are relatively easy and as a beginner, you should be able to handle these for your first try. And if you should need a little instruction, please visit my videos or my FAQ. I’m always here to help. Enjoy!

Comments

• Jenny says

Great projects! Thanks for sharing! I live in the UK and can’t find a mod podge brayer online. Can I get a regular brayer instead? If so what size is best?
      Thanks

1. Lindy @ Veni Vidi Scrappy says

Thanks for the list Amy!!!!

I have only used Mod Podge a few times but I can’t never seem to get it right. Guess I’ll have to try again. :)

2. Emily says

I have only Podged once so I would say I need this article. I’m stopping by from Some What Simple today. Steph sent me :)

Hi Amy!
    Your Blog Rocks!!

I have a Modge Podge question-
    Im getting married next year- Labor Day weekend 2013-so I have time but
    We traveled for 4 yrs back & forth before I relocated to Tx & my wedding is in Boston-
    soooooo I said that to say- I saved TONS of our plane tickets saved !!initially it was for nostalgic, sentimental reason-
    THEN …….I went to a wedding & saw a hat box decorated with postcards from all the couples travels -which inspired me-
    To modge podge all of our plane tickets on to the a large hat box (which I have) BUT
    I want to do it right- its my 1st time Modge Podging & I dont want to make a mess- to you have a tutorial or any advice, tips etc???

I’d appreciate it soo much
    Marianna~

4. lmc09d says

Amy,

I have a question- I’m planning to mod podge monograms/scrapbook paper on coffee cups to give as gifts. Obviously, coffee cups undergo a lot of moisture- would you recommend using Outdoor Mod Podge? And then sealing with a spray/polycrilic. I’d encourage the recipients to hand wash only with soap and water rather than using the dishwasher.

• says

Hi there! Yes I do recommend that, but Outdoor Mod Podge is very thick so you’ll probably have to stick your brush in water and make sure it’s wet rather than Mod Podging with a dry brush. You should seal with a brush-on, outdoor spray. And definitely no dishwasher! :D

5. Abby says

I’ve never Mod Podged and have seen lots of crafts with it. I love crafts and will give this a try. Thank you!

6. Becky says

Thank you so much for the Mod Podge ideas for beginners like me!!!
    For the first time, I feel I can create crafts with the talented crafters!

7. judy says

i am a newby and i cant figure out how to keep the paper from wrinkling when podging. what am i doing wrong?

8. Craft lover :) says

Hello! My email isn’t in all caps btw haha. I have been psyched to use my new mode podge but I’m not sure if I got the right kind for the crafts i would like to try. I got the mode podge photo transfer medium. Can I still just use that kind to, for ex., glue down paper to a frame? Or what I’ve really been excited to do, make my own phone case? You just mode podge paper down on the pkain plastic case but I’m not sure if I can use this specific kind. Thanks!

9. Rebecca says

How do I stop the Mod Podge from being tacky? I covered a box & now it keeps sticking closed.