If you are a brand or public relations agency, email me amy(at)modpodgerocksblog.com.
My name is Amy Anderson and I’m a crafting and Mod Podge (and decoupage) expert. I’m a two time craft book author and product line maker. I have been a creator for over forty years.
I’ve been creative since I was little. I always had to take art classes, and I remember being the youngest person by far at sewing camp when I was 10. I hated sewing camp.
At the time, I didn’t appreciate the gift that my parents were giving me – but these days I am very thankful. No only do I have a lot of crafty skills, but now I’m blogging about crafting as my full-time job. And it’s the best job ever.
I started Mod Podge Rocks in 2008 because I wanted a place that I could share learning to decoupage with the world.
It all began because I love to craft, and I liked the Mod Podge label. Pink and orange is my jam. Plus I’ve worked at a craft company . . . it all just fit.
My other blog is DIY Candy.
You can see my professional resume here. Here are 10 things about me that you should know.
- I live in the Portland, Oregon area. I’ve lived all over the country but west is best for me.
- I’m a published author and I’ve written two books.
- I love crafting, but I also love cars, frozen yogurt, and outdoor activities.
- I have an undergrad degree in Forestry, an MBA in Business and have had 10 jobs since I graduated from college (commitment issues anyone?)
- The color orange is my favorite. Blue is a close second. I love bright colors.
- My favorite movie of all time is Star Wars.
- I constantly battle a sugar and coffee addiction – I love candy and lattes.
- I have a fear of flying but I do it anyway.
- The most appealing thing in the world is a good sense of humor.
- I seem to work best when things are chaotic and I have a ton to do.
Take a peek at some of my select appearances on the internet and in print – these aren’t all of them, but are great examples.
- 2014 Bloggies Winner: Best Arts, Craft and Design Weblog
- Mom.me 50 favorite design & DIY bloggers, July 2014
- IZEA Influencer of the Month, May 2013
- Top 50 Craft Blogger 2012, Babble.com
- Top 50 Craft Blogger 2011, Babble.com
- eBay DIY/Craft Curator, 2014 – 2018
- HP Create, 2012 – 2015
- Pinterest Holiday 2013 Gift Guide for Crafters
- Babble.com Crafts and Activities, weekly 2011 – 2013
- Country Living, 9 DIY Items You Never Realized Your Bathroom Needed, July 2015
- Yahoo!, We’re Stuck on These 7 Stylish Mod Podge Crafts, July 2015
- Country Living, 8 Easy Ways to Make Your Mailbox The Cutest One on the Block, June 2015
- All*You Magazine, 18 Creative Ways to Display Your Family Photos, February 2015
- Michaels Stores Craft Celebrity Week, September 2014
- ABC News, It’s Still a Mod, Mod, Mod, Mod-Podged World, April 2014
- Ruche.com, Holiday Tutorial Guide, December 2013
- iVillage.com, 30 Days of Holi-DIY, December 2013
- Huffington Post, 7 Instagram Inspired Ideas, May 2013
- Huffington Post, Craft of the Day, March 2013
- BuzzFeed.com, Adorable DIY Gadget Cases, February 2013
- Huffington Post, Craft of the Day, February 2013
- Mad Blog, 20 of the Best DIY Christmas Gifts for 2012, October 2012
- Wired.com, 8 Printable Halloween DIYs, October 2012
- Parenting.com, No Carve Pumpkins, October 2012
- USAToday.com, 7 DIY Father’s Day Gifts, June 2012
- HuffingtonPost.com, Craft of the Day, April 2012
- Threads Magazine, Decoupage Ideas Using Sewing Patterns, April 2012
- Parents.com, Fall Home Decorating, November 2011
- Apartment Therapy, DIY Comic Book Coasters, September 2011
- Skirt.com, Today’s Guest: Mod Podge Rocks, November 2010
- Design*Sponge, Before and After, September 2010
- Tipnut.com, 20+ DIY Wall Art Projects, August 2010
- Google Blog of Note, October 2009
- ABC News, Popular Craft Bloggers Share Secrets of Success, February 2015
- HelloInterview: Meet Amy Anderson of Mod Podge Rocks, November 2013
- Country Woman Magazine, Blog and Crafter Spotlight, October 2012
- Think Crafts, Featured Crafter: Mod Podge Rocks, October 2011
- Where Women Create, Fabulous Friday with Amy Anderson, April 2011
- Blog Guidebook, June 3rd Spotlight with Amy Anderson, June 2010
- Mom Inc Daily, A Creative Life: Amy of Mod Podge Rocks, January 2010
- DIY Home Decor: 11 Paper Craft Decorating Ideas for Your Home, May 2016
- Mollie Makes, June 2014
- Better Homes and Gardens Do-It-Yourself magazine, On Our Radar, Spring 2013
- Kids Crafts 1-2-3, Lucky Plaque, Spring 2013
- Lowe’s Creative Ideas, Hello Frame, Winter 2013
- Woman’s Day, Step Up the Style, November 2012
- Singapore Home & Decor, Do-It-Yourself Site, June 2011
- Flea Market Gardens, Decoupage Delight, Spring 2011
- Interior Collective, DIY Abstract Art, November 2013
- Interior Collective, Runway to Room: Aztec Prints, November 2013
- WhattoExpect.com, Tips for Crafting with Children, October 2012
- Etsy.com, How-To Tuesday, October 2012
- Fox News Magazine, Guide to Mod Podge, August 2012
- Amazon.com, Top 10 Craft Books of 2012
- Blog Critics, Mod Podge Rocks book review, June 2012
- Cut Out + Keep, Mod Podge Rocks book review
- Haven Conference, August 2016
- Click Retreat, September 2013
- SNAP Conference, April 2012
- Good Mornings Atlanta, February 2013
“Mod Podge Rocks” is a United States registered trademark owned by Amy Anderson Crafts, LLC. You can reach me by email at amy(at)modpodgerocksblog.com or hello(at)amyandersoncrafts.com.