Don’t throw away burned out night light bulbs – turn them into light bulb Christmas ornaments with Mod Podge and glitter!
Skills Required: None. Even if you’ve never crafted before you’ll be able to make this project! Just use a medium layer of Mod Podge.
Hello Mod Podge Rocks readers! It’s Justine from Sew Country Chick here again with another quick and easy Mod Podge project: night light bulb Christmas ornaments. I’ve seen cute ornaments lately that look like glittery old fashioned Christmas light bulbs and decided to make my own.
Of course if you use night lights regularly around your home, you’ll have light bulbs that get used . . . instead of throwing them away, recycled them with these Christmas light bulb ornaments.
Kids will love to get in on the action too. Just make sure they are old enough to hold glass in their hands without squeezing and breaking. Here’s how to make these Mod Podge ornaments!
Light Bulb Ornaments
Gather These Supplies
- Mod Podge Sparkle (you can use Mod Podge Gloss or Matte too)
- Night light bulbs
- Hot glue gun
- Baker’s twine or string for hanging
Mix some glitter together with the Mod Podge and paint it on the light bulbs; then sprinkle some additional glitter on top of the wet bulb. Repeat over and over until the entire bulb is well covered.
Once dry, use a hot glue gun to attach a bit of string to the little metal part on the bulb tip. I used some wool string I found at a yard sale, but baker’s twine will look perfect too.
Make a whole bunch of these in just a few minutes. They’re that easy. Hang your light bulb Christmas ornaments on your tree and enjoy!
- Night light bulbs
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Baker's twine
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Mix some glitter together with Mod Podge until fully mixed.
- Paint the Mod Podge mixture on the light bulbs; then sprinkle some additional glitter on top of the wet bulb. Let dry.
- Repeat over and over until the entire bulb is well covered.
- Once completely dry, use a hot glue gun to attach a bit of baker's twine on the end of the bulb. Let cool before hanging.
Did you enjoy these light bulb ornaments? If so, I’d love for you to check out these other Christmas ideas: