Learn how to turn a cardboard cake stand into a cute cupcake stand with paper and Mod Podge! This is a really easy party idea you’ll love.
I combined scrapbook paper with a basic cupcake stand to create this festive serving piece that you can customize to match your décor. Here’s the easy how-to . . .
Decorate a Cardboard Cupcake Stand
Gather These Materials
Step 1: Decide on your color scheme, trace your cardboard tiers onto scrapbook paper and cut out.
Step 2: Mod Podge your paper onto your cardboard rounds. Do not seal yet, as the next step will be easier to do before the tiers are sealed.
Step 3: Flip your rounds over, and, using an X-Acto knife, cut slits into your rounds using the shown “X” pattern as your guide (this is where the cardboard rounds will attach onto the cardboard base to create your cupcake stand).
After you’ve cut your slits, flip your rounds back over and seal, making sure to allow them to dry fully between coats.
When you’re done, they’ll look like this . . .
Using the directions included, assemble your cupcake stand. And you’re done!
Thank you so much for letting me share with you all today! You can find lots of other tutorials and inspiration on my blog. Have a lovely day!
- Cardboard cake stand
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Scrapbook paper - 3 sheets
- Foam brush
- Open the cupcake stand. Trace the cardboard tiers onto scrapbook paper and cut out.
- Mod Podge the paper onto the cardboard rounds. Do not apply Mod Podge to the top yet. Let dry 15 - 20 minutes.
- Flip the rounds over, and using a craft knife, trim out any areas where the cupcake stand will need to be assembled.
- After the slits have been cut, flip the rounds back over and seal, making sure to allow them to dry fully between coats.
- Assemble the cupcake stand to use.
If you enjoyed this party craft, I’d love for you to check out some of these other celebration ideas:
- Simple Confetti Gift Wrap
- Make Beautiful Birthday Cards
- Glitter Lined Envelopes
- Martini Glitter Glasses