Make beautiful glitter glasses with Mod Podge to celebrate New Year’s Eve – or any other celebration. The best part is you can wash these!
Hello friends, and Happy New Year! I can’t believe it’s almost a new year, can you? Crazy.
I love making party decor for New Years, so I wanted to share a fun glitter glasses tutorial with one of my favorite Mod Podge supplies. You can use this glitter craft for any type of celebration, like a wedding, or a graduation, birthday . . . really whatever you like!
This is the Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe Gloss medium, and it can easily turn your projects into waterproof, dishwasher safe dishes. If you want to Mod Podge on glass, using Dishwasher Safe with glitter is a great way to do it. Learn how to make the glasses below.
DIY Glitter Glasses
To make a pair of ombre drinking glasses for your New Years Eve soiree, all you need is two glasses, silver and gold glitter, a paintbrush, and Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe Gloss.
Brush each glass with an even coat of Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe Gloss. You can use painter’s tape to block off any areas you don’t want to get glitter on. You can also cover the entire glass with glitter, like I did.
While the glue is still wet, spread an even amount of bling all over the glass. The medium dries really fast, so be sure to put the glitter on quickly. I wanted a two-tone look, so I poured the gold glitter on first, then silver.
Be sure to cover your work space with paper towels . . . glitter can get really messy!
After pouring on the sparkle, allow your glasses at least two hours to dry completely. If your glitter is really thick, wait overnight.
When the glassware is dry, apply a generous coat of Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe Gloss on top of the glitter. Allow to dry completely, and add a second coat if you feel like the glasses need it.
Be sure to read the curing instructions on the label.
That’s it! So easy. I LOVE how these glitter glasses turned out, and I think we will use them again and again. I can’t wait to try out Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe Gloss on more glasses!
- Two glasses
- Glitter - colors of your choice
- Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge
- Painter's tape (optional)
- Clean each glass with mild soap and water; dry completely.
- Brush each glass with an even coat of Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe. Optional: use painter's tape to block off any areas where you don't want glitter.
- While the glue is still wet, spread an even amount of bling all over the glass. For an ombre look, pour the gold glitter on first, then silver.
- After pouring on the sparkle, allow your glasses at least two hours to dry completely. If your glitter is really thick, wait overnight.
- When the glassware is dry, apply a generous coat of Mod Podge Dishwasher Safe Gloss on top of your glitter. Allow to dry completely.
- Be sure to read the curing instructions on the label to finish.
Happy New Year friends. Hope your holidays are full of family, food, and fun!
Note: while Natalie’s photos illustrate the glitter going all the way up to the glass rim, if you are going to use these you should leave the glitter about 1/4″ down from the lip of the vessel according to best practices for Mod Podge. Thank you!
If you enjoyed putting glitter on glass, you might also want to try a glitter mug! Learn how to make them here on the blog!