Learn how to make a Mod Podge collage using magazines! This was done on canvas, and you can use this method to create any design you like.
Skills Required: None. Even if you’ve never decoupaged before, you’ll be able to do this project. The scraps are small, so you don’t really have to worry about wrinkles.
Orange you glad we found this wall art tutorial? Heh heh. If you are anything like me you struggle to find new things to decorate your house with.
Also, if you are anything like me you have a million old magazines that you have just sitting around collecting dust.
Thanks to this Mod Podge collage tutorial, we can solve both of our decorating problems with a fun magazine collage.
Make an orange, some other fruit, vegetable, or animal. Learn how to make it using the tutorial below.
- Acrylic paint
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Stencils (optional)
- Decide on your color theme and cut out a ton of scrap pieces from your magazines.
- Outline your image on your canvas. Try not to worry too much about making it "perfect."
- Paint the background with acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Begin Mod Podging your scrap pieces to the canvas. Apply Mod Podge to the canvas, place down the pieces, and brush over the top.
- Keep applying magazine pieces to create your design. Words cut from articles were used as dividing lines.
- As each section dries, Mod Podge over the top. When the entire design is finished, Mod Podge over the entire design one more time and let dry.
- Stencil words onto the canvas if desired and let dry.
- Display your canvas proudly!
Prep time depends on the size of pieces you cut and your design! Estimate about one Lifetime movie's worth of cutting.
A Petit Collage at Life As A Thrifter