Use textured, crystal glitter and decoupage medium to make these gorgeous frosted mason jar luminaries! These are so pretty for winter and the holidays.
Skills Required: None. Even if you’ve never crafted before, you’ll be able to make these. You’ll be adding glitter and salt to your frosted mason jars with Mod Podge.
Hello, readers. My name is Jessica, author of Living La Vida Holoka. Today I am sharing a simple project using Mod Podge, a mason jar and iridescent glitter to make snow-inspired luminaries that add a romantic glow to your holiday or Winter decor. Enjoy!
Imagine a winter evening spent snuggling under a blanket while snow gently falls against a dimly lit street. It’s a beautiful setting that inspired this easy-to-make DIY project.
When it’s cold outside, it’s nice to bring the warmth inside with the romantic glow of candlelight.
These mason jar luminaries do just that by using Mod Podge to add a frosted look to mason jars, while flameless candles add a soft glow.
Frosted Mason Jars
Gather These Supplies
- Mason jar
- Mod Podge (I used the all-in-one gloss sealer)
- Crystal, iridescent craft glitter
- Foam brush
- Baker’s twine
- Mini ornaments
- Flameless candle
1. Using your foam brush, apply Mod Podge to your mason jar. Cover the entire jar or apply Mod Podge in patterns such as stripes.
2. Add a generous amount of glitter in a plastic container. Roll your jar over glitter, completely covering. Let dry.
3. Apply another layer of glue over the glitter to seal. Let your frosted mason jar dry.
4. String one or two mini ornaments onto a piece of twine.
5. Wrap twine around the top of your frosted mason jar and tie.
6. Add a flameless candle inside of the jar and enjoy the warm glow of your luminary.
If you choose to frost your entire jar, you can also use it as a vase for floral Christmas picks or fresh pine cuttings. Gather a few jars together as centerpieces for your holiday table or place around your home as Winter decor.
Add a warm and cozy glow this holiday season with this easy-to-make, time and budget friendly Mod Podge project. Bring one as a hostess gift to your next holiday party or set them in your window to cast a soft snow-inspired glow. Happy holiday crafting!
If you enjoyed these frosted mason jar luminaries, I’d love for you to check out these other craft ideas: