20 Mod Podge shoe projects – revamp your footwear!

Prev1 of 20Next
Click through to see more!

20 Mod Podge footwear projects - revamp your shoes on a budgetYou are going to laugh – I’ve only Mod Podged shoes one time. For my book, Mod Podge Rocks. BUT I have a pair of heels as we speak that are ready to be Podged. There are so many reasons to Mod Podge shoes. You can customize them to fit your personality, you don’t throw something away AND is the perfect budget craft. Some of these shoes are easier than others (go for glitter if you’re a newbie to Mod Podge) but all are amazing. I can’t wait to Mod Podge my own shoes and share with you. In the meantime, enjoy these 20 shoe projects!

008-copy

Polka Dots

The polka dot fabric on these heels are nice – and I like the addition of the shoe clip.

Get the how-to at The Diary of Dave’s Wife

Comments

1. Hoots Cove says

Awesome. Mod Podge on shoes,the list is endless! Great inspiration yet again x

I had a terrible recent experience with trying to put fabric on shoes. I didn’t use Mod Podge because I couldn’t find the fabric variety so I used something else I found at Walmart. The shoes I made came out horrible! They were stiff and scratchy, and my daughter will NEVER wear them. I was pretty disappointed.

• says

Hi Susan! I would give it a try again one day with Mod Podge and cotton fabric. Not sure what you used, but Mod Podge works great. You don’t need the Fabric kind – though it is more durable and waterproof, you can still add an Outdoor sealer and have it be fine unless someone is puddle jumping :D Also, even cotton will be slightly rough with Mod Podge (though not “scratchy”) – you can’t apply any glue to a fabric and have it remain completely smooth.

3. TanyaMac says

eek those floral boots are beautiful! I may have to copy those! I’ve often drawn on canvas pumps but never mod podged them – sounds like fun to me but are they durable? We’re just rained out here in england ;)

4. Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers says

I don’t know how I missed this! Thank you so much for featuring my Mod Podge Wedges, Amy! Super awesome projects up here, so much inspiration!

5. Audrey says

Help! I made glitter heels and every time I wear them the glitter flakes off! What am I doing wrong?

• Amy says

Hi Audrey! Did you seal over the top with Mod Podge or another sealer? That will help. A clear acrylic spray sealer is probably better because Mod Podge will dull the glitter a bit more.

• Audrey says

I used mod podge. I didn’t think it dulled the glitter. I’ll try again with the sealer. Maybe the sealing layer of mod podge made it too thick and that’s why it chipping. Thanks for the help!

6. SAbrina says

im want to try the comic book heels and was wondering before i start this project will the shoes get ruin in the rain and my other concern is what should i seal the shoe with after completing it. one last thing there are several types of Mod Podge which one should i use

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

7. Danielle says

Hi. I want to make fabric shoes with fabric for my wedding. i got these shoes on sale and the are man-made satin. will the modge podge work?

• says

Hi Danielle! I think so – but you need to do a small test in the least visible area possible. The reason I say that is because I’m not sure what “man made” satin entails. :D Good luck!

8. shelly says

Hi…k..love these!…want to cover beat up pleather…yes.pleather cowboy boots, w fabric…my question is…how do I make them last…they will be worn in all weather and worn hard (not like a cute pair of dress shoes)….what if anything will make them durable in autumn/winter weather…thanks for the great tutorials….please send me an email as I may not b able to look here for a response

9. Shell says

Hi, Im completely new to this – stumbled across it when looking on how to upstyle my wedding shoes.
    Can you do paper on satin shoes? If so what products would I need to get started.? I really want original wedding shoes – that little be of the quirky me hiding under my traditional dress :-)

• says

Hi Shell! I don’t recommend paper on Satin – fabric would work. So I’d use fabric, any type of Mod Podge (gloss or matte) and then some brush on sealer.