Make these mini Halloween decorations using a $1 plaque and $1 birdhouses from the craft store. Very easy, colorful, and fun!
-Orange and black are nice together
-You can dress up like anybody or anything you want
-Candeh is yummeh
-No gift giving pressure
-Mod Podge projects are the most funnest this time of year, duh!
Mini Halloween Decorations
I'm starting the week with a project of my own – mini Halloween decorations. I love mini things, and it only seems fitting that I combine minis with my favorite holiday. I'm abbreviating instructions here since I don't have tutorial images, but it's easy to follow.
I used Martha Stewart papers and embellishments from last year (she has some really cool ones this year at Michaels). Acrylic paint was used.
- Paint birdhouse black, roof, perch and base paint white.
- Make orange polka dots on top of the black with the end of a paintbrush
- Cut paper to fit the roof and Mod Podge down.
- Seal the entire birdhouse with two coats of Mod Podge.
- Add ribbon and embellishments (buttons and stickers) with craft glue.
Black Cat Plaque
- Paint plaque and wood cat piece black.
- Cut papers to fit the front of plaque and then the cat piece. Mod Podge the paper to the cat piece, coat it again and set aside.
- Coat the outside edge of the plaque with FolkArt Extreme Glitter in black (this stuff rocks!).
- Let dry and then Mod Podge the paper down to the top of the plaque. Mod Podge on top and allow to dry.
- Glue down the cat piece, a ribbon on the top and some eyes (used orange rhinestones) with craft glue. Add black rhinestones around the edges on the points.