Update a glass vase in 60 seconds. With Mod Podge.

Mod Podge vases

My m.o. lately has been to find more and more inexpensive and easy projects, so that those of you who have never tried decoupage before will be inspired to do so. This is one of those projects. Do you have a plain glass vase laying around the house? You can go buy some paper for less than $1 to complete this project. And aren’t these beautiful natural papers?

Visit right here for the instructions and some additional pictures. If you are a first-timer, I guarantee you will be successful with this project.

Comments

I have been doing vases, candleholders like these for years…very nice. Can also add a sprinkling of extrafine glitter on top while the glue is still wet. And if you make candleholders…the light of the flame gives off a nice glow thru the tissue paper.

Hi. This is Laura from the {infamous} Mod Podge massacre of 2009…I have to say the real travesty in all this is I’m JUST NOW finding your blog. Where have I been??? I am a girl after your own heart. I’m talking Mod Podge usage on a DAILY basis. I’m sure you could feel my heartbreak from the ‘incident’. It was highly traumatic. I’m going to have a LOT of fun looking through this blog…

Oh, and I guess I wouldn’t stop anyone from sending me Mod Podge…it would feel a little like unexpectedly winning the Miss America contest.

Those are beautiful!!! I love anything natural! I have some unused beer steins in the basement…….

5. cynthia says

Hi Amy- swung over from my blog:) thank you for stopping over:) I love your site:) And that banner rocks:) I love myself some modpodge:) and love these vases!!!!!!

I did this once with juice glasses the size of small jelly glasses, lots of paper and a hndful of cub scouts. We used Elmers glue. The results were less than perfect but perfect in the eyes of those little scouts moms. I love the natural papers idea.

Risa – LOVE the glitter idea!

Laura – I’m sending you an e-mail. . .

Big KK – This is not my project, but I know many craft stores and art stores have natural papers. Do you have an Archiver’s nearby?

Thanks to everyone else for the wonderful comments! Please visit me again soon -

8. pam says

Especially liked the candle idea! You’ve given me another great idea for the holidays!

9. Perfectly Imperfect Me says

I have 3 vases that I have been trying to figure out what to do with them for years… So glad I saw this! You have inspired me to get craftin! :)