Celebrate your love of your favorite smartphone app with this DIY Instagram necklace! Created with Dimensional Magic, it's made to look just like the old logo.
I LOVE Instagram for all of its wonderful filters that make my photos look decent . . . and for the ability to share pictures of silly things like fake hands at the nail salon or getting my morning coffee.
If you want to share in my adventures, I'm modpodgerocks on Instagram. Otherwise, here's the tutorial for my DIY Instagram necklace.
DIY Instagram Necklace
Gather These Supplies
- Wood pendant – got mine at the craft store
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- Mod Podge Podgeables basic shapes – small circle
- Acrylic paint – I used FolkArt brand in Coffee Bean, Daffodil Yellow, Apple Red and Pure Black, and Apple Barrel brand in Parakeet and Bright Blue
- Stencil tape in two sizes – 3/4″ and 1/4″
- Paintbrush – you'll need a small one too
- Jewelry findings – jump ring and necklace
- Craft glue
Use stencil tape to mask off the top of the pendant.
Paint the stripes. Use the thinner stencil tape and smaller paintbrush. I just eyeballed the size of the stripes and started at the left edge. Start with red and let that dry . . .
When all the paint is dry, add Dimensional Magic to the surface of the pendant and let that dry.
I realized somewhere during the necklace making process that one of the Mod Podge acrylic shapes was the perfect size to be the lens of my Instagram camera. I painted the back black, let that dry and then glued it in place.