IKEA drawer makeover.

IKEA drawer makeover

I have a dirty little secret, which is that I love assembling furniture. When it’s time to put a piece together I huff a little bit and say, “Oh, okay . . . if I have to . . . ” Then I smile as I pull the allen wrench out of the box. I get what I want AND look like a hero!

Natalie loves assembling furniture, which is not the only thing we have in common. She also likes putting fabric on furniture, which I too love. Nat did an amazing job putting fabric on the front of this IKEA piece, and the fabric she picked is so pretty. It completely transformed the piece, don’t you think? You can do the same – get the tutorial from her blog.

IKEA office drawer makeover at Crafting Crazy

You know you want to check out more Mod Podge DIY furniture projects.

Mod Podge RSS Feed

Comments

1. Nat says

Thank you, Amy! This totally makes my… my… YEAR. I have such respect for you as a blogger & crafter- you do it well and you do it right. Such an honor to be a part of your blog!

2. Mama Bub says

This is adorable! I am fully impressed as I have no crafty bones in all of my body.

3. Wendy says

Yay for featuring Natalie from Crafting Crazy! She’s is absolutely adorable and super talented!

4. Bonnie Jobe says

I really love this project…gives me all sorts of ideas. Old blonde dressers – easier than repainting and it will be fun to find just the right fabric!

Bonnie

5. Kristina With a K says

I also love assembling furniture. Never tried fabric yet with mod podge..just might need to buy a new (assembly required) nightstand.

6. Anne says

I love putting together furniture, and I LOVE Ikea. What a great way to customize a boring piece of furniture!

7. My Home Rocks says

I’ve never used Mod Podge before, but I can feel a crafting extravaganza coming on now!

8. Jennifer says

I lived with a mish mash of some clear and some red plastic boxes in my IKEA EXPEDIT system for a year before I got a Mod Podge epiphany. I am a born-again crafter (married into a crafty family). I found two coordinating shades of fabric and Mod Podged them directly onto the front of the box. My five-year old daughter had a blast. We did one or two a day until all 15 were complete and now the playroom looks almost decorated! Yay for Mod Podge!