Take your party to the next level with these simple DIY goodie bags! They are so easy to make with colorful confetti and Mod Podge.
Skills Required: None. Even if you’ve never crafted before, you can make this project. You’ll be applying confetti to the bags with Mod Podge.
Hiii – Jessica here from The Confetti Bar, the coolest confetti shop on the block, where we believe happiness should be celebrated! I’ve been known to add confetti to the strangest things, like slime, balloons, shoes, and pineapples.
If you can’t tell, it’s my mission in life to confetti #allthethings, and party crafts are always at the top of the list.
These colorful DIY goodie bags are so easy to make, but look oh-so-magical. They’ll definitely take your party game to the next level! You can use them for favor bags, gift bags, decorating . . . whatever your little heart desires.
DIY Party Bags
Gather These Supplies
- Paper goodie bags
- Mod Podge Matte (You can use any kind, really, but if you want to get a little extra fancy, try some Sparkle Mod Podge so you get a subtle glitter effect behind the confetti!)
- Sponge brush (+ a plate to pour the Mod Podge to dip your brush for easy application)
Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the bottom of your bag.
Sprinkle some confetti on to cover the area, gently “pressing” it down so you get a decent layer to stick. Shake off the excess confetti and let dry.
*Tip: once your bag has been confetti-fied, to prevent the Mod Podge from accidentally sealing the side creases of the bag (making it difficult to open), open the bag and let it dry like that.
Told you that was easy, right? If you like these DIY goodie bags, I’d love to know in the comments!
DIY Goodie Bags
Learn how to make goodie bags for a celebration using Mod Podge and confetti! Great for a birthday party, baby shower, graduation, wedding, and more. Takes minutes to make.
- Paper bags - color of your choice
- Mod Podge
- Spread your favor bags out flat on a non-stick work surface.
- Apply a layer of Mod Podge to the bottom third of your bag. Sprinkle confetti on top and gently press down.
- Shake off the excess confetti and let the bags dry open so that nothing sticks.
- Repeat on the other sides of the bag if desired.
Remember we have tons of pre-made confetti options in our shop, but if you want something extra cool we also specialize in custom confetti! You can also check out our blog for more fun (like this DIY Confetti Zen Garden)!
Wednesday 14th of September 2016
These are darling. I can't resist those bright colors!
Monday 12th of September 2016
These are adorable! Awesome DIY gift bag! I will be posting to Stumbleupon for others to see!