Hello, Mod Podge fans! My name is Jill Cornell, and I am very excited to share a Valentine’s Day craft and home décor project with you all today.
Every so often when I’m out and about shopping at my local craft stores, something will catch my eye that is begging to be altered. I don’t always get to it right away (as was the case for this sweet little paper mache house I brought home with me some time ago).
I was in the mood to create something lovey-dovey and out came this little house from my stash of items to alter and the XOXO collection by American Crafts. Here’s how I made this Valentine’s Day craft.
- Matte Mod Podge
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- Paper mache house
- American Crafts XOXO collection patterned paper, die-cuts, stickers, ribbon
- Maya Road stick pins
- pom pom trim
- May Arts ribbon
- Stampendous Shaved Ice glitter
- Hot glue
- Pink paint
- Craft knife
1) Dry brush the house with pink paint. Use a craft knife to trace and measure the roof and cut pieces from patterned paper (I used the 6×6 paper pad from the collection because the scale size of the patterns worked best for a small project like this). Apply Matte Mod Podge to back of paper and adhere to house. Seal with a coat of Mod Podge and allow to dry.
5) Apply Mod Podge Dimensional Magic on painted portion of roof and sprinkle with shaved ice glitter. Allow to dry.
6) Adhere heart die-cut to chimney and loopy border sticker (as smoke) to chimney. Adhere clouds die-cut to top of roof.