This is a easy project that can make a statement to any decor for the holidays. Use any type of shape for the tree and whatever papers you desire. I will show in this tutorial how I made this particular one.
• 2 Wood Taper Cups (can be found in the unfinished wood section of craft stores)
• Screws and screwdriver
• Cordless Drill with a counter sink bit (I used a drill press)
• 2 1/2″ x 7″ x 1/4″ piece of wood
• Elongated triangle shape 3″ x 9 3/4″ (Use any shape or form to your liking)
• 1″ wooden bead with a hole through it
• Mod Podge Gloss
Step 1: Prime all the pieces with FolkArt Titanium White.
• Let dry for about 20 minutes
• Do the same for the base as well
• Decoupage all the pieces and let dry for at least 15 minutes
Step 4: Paint the edges of the base with FolkArt Engine Red, then decoupage the top and bottom of the base. Let dry for 15 minutes.
• You can use industrial glue to assemble everything OR: use a drill press with a countersink bit and drill three pilot holes. Next, attach the taper cups with a 1/2″ wood screw and a 2 1/2″ wood screw through the base, wood bead and tree to secure.