So here are the instructions for the sandcastle. You are going to love what the structure is made out of. It’s all recycled!
Supplies: a variety of cardboard boxes in various sizes, berry baskets and/or cardboard egg cartons, masking tape, Mod Podge, 2 inch paint brush, dry sand, skewers, acrylic paint, flags (available in the printables section), hot glue gun, sea glass, seashells
1. Tape boxes together with masking tape to form a sandcastle shape. Use berry baskets or egg cartons to add some variety.
2. If you have dark writing on your boxes, paint the boxes a sandy color with acrylic paint.
3. Paint the boxes with Mod Podge, in small sections at a time. Press handfuls of dry sand onto the wet glue.
4. Repeat until the whole castle is covered with sand.
5. Cut out the flags from the printables section and tape or glue to a painted skewer and poke into the sandcastle.
6. Once the glue and sand is dry and hardened, hot glue sea glass and seashells onto the castle.
7. Sprinkle the entire castle generously with extra sand
*Note: make sure the sand is completely dry and only use masking tape—wet sand won’t stick to the glue and glue won’t stick very well to clear packing tape.
Don’t forget to visit One Charming Party and say hello.