Learn how to turn air dry clay into unique paperweights that look like gumdrops. These are so sparkly and fun – and you can customize colors!
It’s no secret that I love candy and office/craft supplies (in fact that pretty much sums up my Instagram feed haha).
So it’s no surprise that I decided to make something cute for my desk that looks like candy . . . gumdrop DIY paperweights.
What you need:
What you do:
1. Roll out balls of clay. I made three that were all very close to the same size.
2. Roll the balls into a cylindrical shape, and then slowly roll it so that one end is a little bit larger than the other end. Then flip your clay right side up, and make sure that the bottom is flat.
I also rounded the top a little bit. It doesn’t need to be completely smooth and perfect because gumdrops are naturally a little lumpy.
3. Let them dry for a few days. This is the hard part of air dry clay . . . waiting for it to dry!
4. When they are fully dry, paint them with acrylic paint. I used a couple of coats each.
5. Now coat each of them in a thin layer of glossy Mod Podge and cover them in a clear or white glitter. I used a very fine glitter that looks a lot like sugar, but since these are huge gumdrops, a larger glitter would also look great.
6. Let this dry, and then add another thin layer of Mod Podge to keep the glitter from shedding everywhere.
You could also add little felt circles to the bottoms of the paper weights to make sure that they don’t scratch your desk or leave marks on your papers.
What do you think of my unique paperweights? Be sure to stop by Lines Across and say hi!