Use Dimensional Magic to make personalized wine glass markers that are disposable when the party is cover! These stickers are SO easy.
Hello my crafty friends! This is Nikki from WhiMSy love, delivering you a super easy project that will bring your holiday table setup over-the-top.
When it comes to special occasions, it’s the little details that mean the most to me. And these stick-on monogram letters are just that.
They can serve as both a “place card” to show your guests where their seats are at the table, AND as drink markers so nobody gets their drinky-drinks mixed up if there is to be some mingling going on at your party.
DIY Wine Glass Markers
The supplies are simple.
You DEFINITELY need:
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic in glitter gold or silver (I used gold)
- A smooth non-porous surface to apply the Dimensional Magic to (I used a clear plastic food storage bag, but I would also trust clear plastic wrap.)
- Letters printed out in a fancy font of your choosing (I used a font called Sacramento.)
- Scissors to cut out the printed letters
The first thing you’ll want to do is make your letters. If you’re comfortable doodling them on your own, then go for it!
I appreciate a visual guide, so I cut out the printed letters & slid them under the clear plastic bag. Using the Dimensional Magic, squeeze the bottle & trace the letters.
If you’ve ever decorated a cake, it’s kinda like that. If you’ve NEVER decorated a cake, don’t fret.
Hold the bottle above your surface & squeeze as you guide the bottle along. The main point is to not let the tip of the bottle touch your work surface, & to move at a smooth, even pace.
If you make a mistake, just wipe it off with a paper towel & start over!
When the letters are dry, carefully peel them off the plastic. You’ll know they’re dry because:
- they will go from a milky color to having a clear, sparkly appearance
- the letters will easily come off the plastic
If the letters are sticking, they’re not dry. My letters took a good six hours to completely dry.
All that’s left to do is stick the letters onto your glassware. No need to apply any sort of adhesive. They will stick on their own!
(Don’t forget to discard your wine glass markers after the party is over.)
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic (glitter)
- A smooth, non-porous surface (I used a clear plastic food storage bag, but I would also trust clear plastic wrap)
- Letters printed out in a fancy font
- Print out letters and slide them under a clear plastic sheet.
- Use the Dimensional Magic to trace the letters with a relatively thick line.
- Hold the bottle above your surface & squeeze as you guide the bottle along. The main point is to not let the tip of the bottle touch your work surface, & to move at a smooth, even pace.
- When the letters are dry, carefully peel them off the plastic.
- Stick the letters to glassware (they should stick on their own). If they aren't sticking well, exhale on them a few times to warm them up!
These markers are meant to be discarded after one use.
I’d love it if you stopped by to check out my other crafts & shenanigans! I’d also love if you’d check out these other party appropriate projects: