Disclosure: Thank you to eos for sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% honest & completely my own.
Baby it's cold outside! The weather has finally been consistently chilly these past few weeks and I'm ready to start thinking about the holidays. That means coming up with some unique ideas for friends and family that will put a smile on their face. In my family it's the “thought that counts.” We don't do big gifts for each other, but we give gifts we know the recipient will enjoy . . . and hopefully a little something they've never seen before. We're all addicted to lip balm in my family, and we love eos® – especially my female cousins. So for their gifts this year, I've put together a DIY Christmas village gift kit with the eos limited edition holiday flavors. My cousins will get to do some assembly to make their cute gift. They love crafting so this Santa's workshop is going to be so fun for them!
And guess what? YOU can do the same with your family members! I'm showing you exactly how to put together a DIY gift kit just like mine – AND providing you with the printables. All you'll need are a few craft supplies and your eos limited edition holiday packs. You're going to make some Christmases bright with this fun idea!
Gather These Supplies
- eos limited edition holiday packs – at least four flavors
- Plain wood box
- White acrylic paint – 2 oz. bottle
- Mod Podge Matte or Gloss – 2 oz. bottle
- Googly eyes – 8 total
- Printables – download them HERE
It's VERY easy to build your DIY gift kit. All you're going to do is print out the printable (including the instructions) and place inside the wood box with some filler of your choice. What I love about this gift is that part of the project is ALSO the container! Yes, the wood box becomes the base of your village.
Once you have all of the items (including the eos holiday gift packs) inside the box, simply tie with ribbon and add a big adhesive bow. Then you'll present with a gift tag.
When the recipient receives their kit, they'll get to do a little painting, a little decoupage, and some paper cutting to make the cutest Santa's workshop you've ever seen! With a cute mid-century modern flair, of course.
The instruction sheet on the printable explains everything that the gift recipient will need to do, and it shows them a finished image of what their project should look like:
- Paint the outside of your box with white paint.
- Cut out all the printables with scissors.
- Use Mod Podge to apply the workshop printables to the front of the box.
- Let dry and then apply a top coat of Mod Podge to seal.
- Assemble the printables as shown in the image using included Mod Podge as your adhesive (tape will work as well).
- Place your eos in the elf and Santa printables and add eyes and mouths with Mod Podge or tape. A hole punch was used for the noses.
The most fun part is picking the eos that you are going to put inside the DIY gift kit. If you've never used eos before, you are in for a whole new lip balm experience. I absolutely love their flavors, and everything hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, gluten-free, and packed with nourishing vitamins and natural skin-conditioning oils.
As far as the limited edition flavors, they have:
- Visibly Soft Peppermint Mocha – smells just like a tasty coffee beverage!
- Visibly Soft Peppermint Cream (exclusively at Target)
- Natural Sparkling Ginger – shimmery and spicy
- Natural Pumpkin Spice – cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove just like a pie
Get more information about these flavors and more on the eos website! And if you want to buy them, here are the major retailers: Kohl's, Target, Wal-Mart, Ulta, and Amazon.
I hope you enjoy my DIY gift kit – and happy holidays!