Happy Thursday, you guys! This is Lindsay from Shrimp Salad Circus, and I've stopped by to share a fun holiday tutorial with you. I love Amy and Mod Podge Rocks because there are few craft supplies so versatile! I've made flip flop coasters for summer, glimmery pumpkins for fall, and a beautiful way to display my wedding photos. Today I want to share a holiday project because I'm all about the lights, snowflakes, evergreen, and wintry goodness this year! I have a massive stash of tiny little dishes that I use in my shop, so it felt like a perfect opportunity to use one for a bright, vibrant holiday design. Plus, we all love a healthy dose of glitter, right? ;D This trinket dish design incorporates a modern “snowflake” with an ombre glittery effect for a dazzling finish!
- Shallow bowl (like these sauce dishes)
- 2-3 coordinated colors of fine glitter
- Thin washi tape
- Mod Podge Gloss
1. For this project to last through the years of holidays, you'll want to scuff up the surface of the dish with fine sandpaper or even a nail file. The first thing to do to ensure that everything sticks well and lasts a long time is to clean your little dish thoroughly with soap and water or rubbing alcohol. Let it dry thoroughly, and then you can begin!
2. Use scissors to cut strips of washi tape about an inch long. You want three different strips.
*If you don't have a thin tape, you can just cut regular tape in half lengthwise.
4. Brush a thin layer of the Mod Podge all over the surface of the dish, including the taped design area, being sure to get the Mod Podge into all the corners of the “snowflake.”
6. Moving quickly, pour on your second glitter, using a light amount over the edge of the last color and getting heavier as you work in. Add a third color the same way.
You can leave this sitting out for little candies, holiday jewelry, a catchall for your keys — whatever you can think of! Thanks so much for crafting with me today. If you make this project, share pictures with me on social media! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin' and Pinterest!