This last minute decoupage project can save you from a sad looking home during the holidays. You’ll love these paper ornaments – with a free template!
Hello everyone! This is Elba from Live Colorful and I’m really excited to be here sharing some Christmas ornaments! Today I’m going to be sharing some easy to make, modern and cool looking decoupage paper ornaments.
This last minute holiday project can save you from a sad looking home during these cheerful celebrations. Check them out:
This happens to me every year, especially when I sit down and notice empty spots on my Christmas tree, it drives me crazy!
So I decided to do something about it and use whatever I had at home to fill those empty spaces. The first material that came to mind was paper and it was probably because I have tons of paper at home.
The other thing that made me excited about paper is the idea that I can use any color I want so they match my current decorations.
Colorful Paper Ornaments
- Colorful paper sheets
- Mod Podge Matte
- Pictures or magazine clippings (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Brush or sponge
1. Download the printable here and print as many ornaments as you need on colorful pieces of paper.
3. Fold each side of the ornament. You can fold along the printed lines, so the lines stay on the inside of the shape.
5. Now you can start using the Mod Podge to glue all the sides.
6. Before you close and glue the paper ornaments, add the ribbon to hang them on the Christmas tree. Press all the sides firmly for a couple of seconds.
If you feel the same way, cut some pictures in a triangular shape and glue them on the ornaments. I also added some glitter on the sides just for fun.
Another idea I had was to add some magazine clipping with your favorite Hollywood stars, quotes or anything fun you find out there.
I have used Mod Podge to glue glitter, pictures, tissue paper and other cool stuff on wood, clay and even pumpkins! It’s so easy to use and durable at the same time, so feel free to glue anything you want on these paper ornaments.
7. When you’re done add an extra layer of Mod Podge on each side of the ornaments to make them more resistant to water and dust.
I decided that these would look amazing as a garland above the chimney or to decorate a wall that looks sad and empty.
Also, if you realize that what you need is a Centerpiece, filled one of your fancy plates with a couple of them. Believe me, these little paper guys could be a life saver for your holiday decorations and the best part, they’re so easy to make!