Disclosure: this is a sponsored post. All opinions and projects are 100% mine.
I grew up with four brothers – and we all played sports. My sport of choice was soccer, as well as two of my brothers . . . but the other two played football! You can imagine that I was exposed to several games, both in person and on television, over the years. With the Big Game coming up, I actually had a great idea that the kids are going to love – hosting a Home Bowl party for the littles. If you have football fans at home, this idea is for you!
I created a preview of the party along with a special centerpiece craft and dip recipe that the kids are going to love. I'm going to share my projects with you, but I also wanted to let you know that I'm hosting a special Pinterest contest I know you are going to be interested in. Keep reading to learn how to host your own Home Bowl party, and get the contest information!
My party features Ritz Crackers, so the first thing I want to share with you is this EASY recipe for a sweet dip that the kids will love. It's UH-MAZING and I couldn't stop licking the spoon. It's quite simple and you only need a few ingredients:
- Ritz Crackers
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate hazelnut spread
So what do you do? Scoop equal parts peanut butter and chocolate hazelnut spread into a bowl with a spoon. Stir, stir, stir and place into a serving bowl. Yep, that's it! I dare you to tell me you don't love this dessert (let the kids test it!). Dip a Ritz Cracker into the mix for ultimate deliciousness:
I also served some trail mix and popcorn at the party preview, because those snacks are a household fave (of course other snacks can be substituted). What was served for a beverage? Coca-Cola! Have bottles, cups, and ice ready for your guests.
The decorating itself is simple. I went to my local party store and bought a green grass tablecloth, football napkins, and football field cups. They even had little foam footballs that I had to pick up.
And then I made a centerpiece with Mod Podge!
- Wood stars – 6
- Wood block
- Dowel rod
- Mod Podge
- Acrylic paint – Brown, white, (goal post) yellow, citrus green (to match your paper)
- Grass scrapbook paper
- Paintbrush – one large, one smaller
- Hot glue
- Ruler and pencil
- Paint your wood stars with brown, on both sides, giving several coats. Let dry.
- Add white football laces to the front of your stars. Let dry.
- Drill a hole in the center of your wood block to fit your dowel rod (make sure to check the size of the bit). Insert the dowel rod into the hole. You can glue it into place, but mine stuck without moving.
- Paint the base of your wood block with citrus green and the dowel rod with the yellow Let dry.
- Measure and cut your grass paper to fit the bottom four sides of your wood block. Cut out with scissors.
- Apply Mod Podge to one side of the block. Smooth the paper on top. Wait 15 – 20 minutes to dry and apply a top coat.
- Repeat with the other three sides. Let the block dry.
- Hot glue five stars to the dowel rod and one to the front of the block. You're done!
My kid friendly Home Bowl party was so easy to set up – and I LOVE the way it turned out! What do you think?
Now, time for the contest!
There are a few additional things you can do to make sure that you have the perfect Home Bowl party.
- Create a create a custom Home Bowl Evite here. Not only will you find invitations, you'll also find find a host of game day party tips for a winning game day party.
- Look for the Coca-Cola Home Bowl in stores – including Coca-Cola beverages and Ritz Crackers. It's available at retailers nationwide!
- Register for MyCokeRewards and get access to product coupons for both Coca-Cola and Ritz Crackers. You can access these coupons by tweeting how you will be a “Home Bowl” hero and using the hashtag #HomeBowlHero.
Now that I've shared this information with you, here's some information on the Pinterest contest! THREE PEOPLE are going to win a Coca-Cola Home Bowl prize pack worth $350!! Is that not amazing? Here's what you have to do.
- Create a Pinterest board called “Coca-Cola #HomeBowlHeroContest”
- Pin your favorite game day party and tips to this board – these can be from any site, not just mine. You do not need to pin photos of Coca-Cola or Ritz Crackers to be entered to win
- Tag each pin with “#HomeBowlHeroContest”
- Leave a link to your Pinterest board in the comments of this blog post
- I'll be picking my three favorite boards and announcing the winners on this blog post!
- Contest opens today, January 16th and ends February 2nd, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST.
Disclosure: The Coca-Cola Company partnered with bloggers such as me for their Home Bowl program. As part of this program, I received compensation for my time. This prize was provided by The Coca-Cola Company. The Coca-Cola Company is not a sponsor, administrator or connected in any other way with this Home Bowl promotion.