Use Mod Podge Collage clay to create the look of real whipped cream on this hot chocolate gift. Perfect for the holidays and for hostesses!
I love giving edible gifts during the holidays and this super cute Instant Hot Chocolate Gift is one of my favorites! Who wouldn’t love to receive a little jar full of chocolate-goodness especially when the lid has faux whipped cream, a dash of cinnamon, and is topped off with a candy cane?
Other than being delicious, the best thing about this gift is that it’s super easy and inexpensive to make. Perfect for when you need a ton of little gifts for your co-workers, friends, or neighbors!
Instant Hot Chocolate Gift
- Small Glass Jar with Hinged Lid
- Mod Podge Collage Clay – Vanilla White
- Mini Candy Canes or Plastic Candy Canes or Red/White Paper Straw
- Mod Podge Matte Finish (optional)
1. Apply a few thin layers of Mod Podge Matte to a shortened section of candy cane. You can bypass this step if you decide to use a plastic candy cane or just a red/white paper straw.
2. Apply the star tip to the Mod Podge Collage Clay applicator. Starting on the outer edge of the lid, slowly squeeze out clay until entire surface is covered. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on the top. Wait 10 minutes before inserting candy cane so that the clay can harden a bit and not fold under the weight of the stick.
3. Wait at least 24 hours before even attempting to fill the container with instant hot chocolate (homemade or store-bought.) If the clay feels like it’s not 100% dry, wait another day or so before trying again.
When in doubt, follow the instructions on the package! Once jar is filled, add a little label around the neck of the container and you’re good to go!
How easy was that?! You could probably cover at least six jar lids with each box of the Collage Clay and once you practice a bit, you can whip out a ton of these in less than half an hour (minus drying time.) Hope you have fun giving these out!
PS – for another unique way to gift delicious chocolate, visit this hot chocolate on stick idea. So fun!