Mod Podger Walter does it again – this time with a DIY magnet board that he revamped after buying it from the craft store. This is so easy!
Man Podger Walter Silva has done it – again! This time he’s taking his fun and colorful magnets to the big time.
He’s going to show you how to decorate a DIY magnet board AND he’s going to give away a set of the lovely magnets that he sells in his Etsy shop.
This is why we love him. Read on for the tutorial and then look for the magnet giveaway at the bottom.
Presentation is everything to me and with that said, once again Mod Podge has come to the rescue. I bought a bunch of magnetic metal calendar boards on clearance.
I knew these boards would be great for displaying the magnets in my shop. There’s nothing better than taking something you got on clearance and turning it into a functional, usable item.
This is how I made this super modern and easy magnetic board.
DIY Magnet Board
Gather These Supplies
- Metal magnetic calendar board (I bought mine on clearance at a craft store)
- Mod Podge – any formula will do, I used Gloss
- Brush and squeegee from the Mod Podge tool kit
- Mod Podge silicone mat
- Use family and pet photos (enlarge them onto glossy cardstock)
- Use wallpaper with fun graphics to your liking
- Thick wrapping paper
You can make other variations besides the one shown – for instance, one for the kitchen to hold coupons, recipes and pictures. So how did I do it?
I created the graphic image in Photoshop to fit my dimensions. Then, I had it professionally printed on glossy cardstock, which cost about $4.00. This thick paper works well and is very durable (no need to seal it). After that, there are only three steps:
- Apply Mod Podge with a fine brush to the magnetic board and to the back of the graphic
- Use Mod Podge tools like the rubber squeegee to remove any air pockets
- Let dry for 15 minutes and you’re ready to go!
I love how I am able to showcase the variety of magnets on these chevron magnet boards! Give it a try – I suspect you will be pleased too.