Mod Podger Walter does it again – this time with a DIY magnet board that he revamped after buying it from the craft store. This is so easy!
Man Podger Walter Silva has done it – again! This time he’s taking his fun and colorful magnets to the big time.
He’s going to show you how to decorate a DIY magnet board the easy way! Keep on reading to learn more.
Presentation is everything to me and with that said, once again Mod Podge has come to the rescue. I bought a bunch of magnetic metal calendar boards on clearance.
I knew these boards would be great for displaying the magnets in my shop. There’s nothing better than taking something you got on clearance and turning it into a functional, usable item.
This is how I made this super modern and easy magnetic board.
DIY Magnet Board
Gather These Supplies
- Metal magnetic calendar board (I bought mine on clearance at a craft store)
- Mod Podge – any formula will do, I used Gloss
- Brush and squeegee from the Mod Podge tool kit
- Mod Podge silicone mat
- Use family and pet photos (enlarge them onto glossy cardstock)
- Use wallpaper with fun graphics to your liking
- Thick wrapping paper
You can make other variations besides the one shown – for instance, one for the kitchen to hold coupons, recipes and pictures. So how did I do it?
I created the graphic image in Photoshop to fit my dimensions. Then, I had it professionally printed on glossy cardstock, which cost about $4.00. This thick paper works well and is very durable (no need to seal it). After that, there are only three steps:
- Apply Mod Podge with a fine brush to the magnetic board and to the back of the graphic
- Use Mod Podge tools like the rubber squeegee to remove any air pockets
- Let dry for 15 minutes and you’re ready to go!
I love how I am able to showcase the variety of magnets on these chevron magnet boards! Give it a try – I suspect you will be pleased too.