You can use the Mod Melter as an all-purpose glue gun to make everything from molded embellishments to home décor, paper crafts, and more!
I’m excited to share a new release with everyone today – the new and IMPROVED Mod Melter is out! It’s a genius tool developed by my friends Cathie & Steve.
If you haven’t heard of this cool device, it’s a uniquely designed tool that takes the traditional hot glue gun to a whole new level!
It can be used as an all-purpose, mini high-temperature glue gun -but it was also specifically manufactured to be used with Mod Podge Mod Melts to create Mod Mold embellishments.
There was an original Mod Melter released awhile ago, but this 2.0 version is NEW and IMPROVED – no leaking! If you haven’t checked it out, I’m excited to tell you all about it. It’s really awesome, not to mention, pretty (which I value in my craft tools personally).
The new Mod Melter offers many improvements over the traditional mini hi-temp glue gun including:
- a unique shape which allows the crafter to hold it vertically, giving an unobstructed view of where they are gluing
- a longer tip is wrapped in silicone, which allows for glue placement in tight spaces without fear of burning or melting surfaces. The silicone tip also means less mess, as Mod Melts and hot glue sticks do not stick to the tip
- specifically designed to remain hot through an entire length of a glue stick or Mod Podge Mod Melt
- an extra-long 6 ft. electrical cord makes it convenient to move about freely while working on a project
- a convenient on/off switch
- an extra wide built-in stand at the base enables the crafter to easily and securely rest the Mod Melter when not in use
- a larger easy-to-press control trigger allows additional finger placement, equalizing the pressure on the grip
- a silicone soft grip on the body allows for a comfortable grip
It works like a basic glue gun, but just so you have the instructions, here they are:
- Plug into 120VAC electrical outlet.
- Insert a Mod Podge Mod Melt or mini hi-temp hot glue stick through opening at the rear.
- Using on/off switch, turn the Melter on.
- After 5 – 7 minutes, it is heated and ready for use.
- Direct tip of the Melter where desired and begin to lightly squeeze the trigger. The pressure on the trigger will determine the amount of melted stick released.
- If filling a Mod Podge Mod Mold, begin by directing the tip of the Mod Melter in the center of the mold impression and squeeze the trigger directing the melted Mod Melt until the entire mold is filled.
- If necessary, reload the Mod Melter with a new Mod Melt and continue working.
- Do not leave this device on when not in use.
- After use, turn Mod Melter off and unplug from electrical outlet. Allow to completely cool prior to storing.
It’s SUPER easy to use, and I think you’re going to like some of the features way more than a traditional glue gun. Check it out at your local Michaels!