Disclosure: this is a sponsored post. All opinions and projects are 100% mine.
My neighbors are ENORMOUS football fans. It doesn't matter which one of them you talk to . . . they love it. College or professional. Probably even high school! I previously shared a post about hosting a Home Bowl party at my place, which is still happening . . . but I wanted to share an alternate idea as well. If you're having people come over for the Big Game and don't have a lot of room, this simple bar party is perfect!
I first have to clarify that I don't mean “bar” as in physical location serving alcoholic beverages – I mean the bar countertop inside your home, typically near the kitchen. Put the stools aside and utilize it for a small gathering, to serve food and drinks!To show you what I mean I created a preview of the party – not only that, but I created a special recipe and craft that I'm really excited about! Not only that, but I'm hosting a special Pinterest contest that I think you are going to be interested in. Keep going to learn how to host your own Home Bowl party, and get the contest information!
- Ritz Crackers
- Cheese dip or a block of Velveeta
- One can of Rotel tomatoes
- One lime
- Garlic powder
The recipe is simple. Simply heat up your cheese dip or melt the Velveeta in a pan. Open your can of tomatoes, pour in and stir. Squeeze your lime into the dip and add 1.5 – 2 tbsp of garlic powder. Stir, stir, stir and you are ready in about five minutes!
In addition to the recipe, I want to share with you some additional party details.
I recommend serving popcorn in a fun football themed bowl that you can get at your local party store! And of course, you'll need something to wash that down, so grab your Coca-Cola! It's fun to serve it in bottles (have ice ready and football themed cups).
Add football/field themed containers to include snacks like popcorn, Ritz Crackers, and trail mix. I laid those out on football placemats for some fun flair. I also used these same containers to set next to the dip so that people could spoon out individual servings.
And now I think I'm ready to tell you about my centerpieces . . . seriously one of my favorite Mod Podge projects of all time, and perfect for any celebration!
Confetti vases. Yep, you heard me:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these vases. They are so easy, and can be used to display any color of flowers, real or fake. Aren't they fun? And they add such a colorful touch to my celebratory spread. Here's what I used to make them:
It doesn't get any easier than spray painting the bottles white and Mod Podging confetti around the center. You just work an inch or two at a time, adding Mod Podge to the center band of the bottle and placing confetti on top. Go all the way around, let dry, and then put a top coat on. That's it!
The only warning is not to paint over the confetti too many times – the dye will start to bleed. Other than that, you are golden!
With the right blend of snacks and crafts, you can have the perfect (simple) Home Bowl party. I LOVE the way it turned out.
Now onto the contest!
There are a few additional things you can do to make sure that you have the perfect Home Bowl party.
- Create a create a custom Home Bowl Evite here. Not only will you find invitations, you'll also find find a host of game day party tips for a winning game day party.
- Look for the Coca-Cola Home Bowl in stores – including Coca-Cola beverages and Ritz Crackers. It's available at retailers nationwide!
- Register for MyCokeRewards and get access to product coupons for both Coca-Cola and Ritz Crackers. You can access these coupons by tweeting how you will be a “Home Bowl” hero and using the hashtag #HomeBowlHero.
Now that I've shared this information with you, here's some information on the Pinterest contest! THREE PEOPLE are going to win a Coca-Cola Home Bowl prize pack worth $350!! Is that not amazing? Here's what you have to do.
- Create a Pinterest board called “Coca-Cola #HomeBowlHeroContest”
- Pin your favorite game day party and tips to this board – these can be from any site, not just mine. You do not need to pin photos of Coca-Cola or Ritz Crackers to be entered to win
- Tag each pin with “#HomeBowlHeroContest”
- Leave a link to your Pinterest board in the comments of this blog post
- I'll be picking my three favorite boards and announcing the winners on this blog post!
- Contest opens today, January 16th and ends February 2nd, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST.
Disclosure: The Coca-Cola Company partnered with bloggers such as me for their Home Bowl program. As part of this program, I received compensation for my time. This prize was provided by The Coca-Cola Company. The Coca-Cola Company is not a sponsor, administrator or connected in any other way with this Home Bowl promotion.