I get so excited when a blogger releases a new book, especially when it’s a friend! Ashley from Make It and Love It has a new title on the shelves in the next few weeks – No-Sew Love: Fifty Fun Projects to Make Without a Needle and Thread. I received a copy for review and am thrilled to share it with you . . . this book is pretty incredible. I’ve been a crafter for a long time, and I can sew – and I had no idea there were so many things you can make without a sewing machine. I have a lot of friends who don’t have the room for a sewing machine/table in their apartments and will appreciate this book. I have friends who can’t sew who will appreciate this book. And I have friends who CAN sew but will still appreciate this book. Let me explain: here are my five favorite things about No-Sew Love.
1. I LOVE the categories of projects. You don’t just get gifts and small items – you can make home decor and even clothing without sewing skills! Are you amazed? I am. I’m also impressed by the sheer number of projects that Ashley has managed to accomplish with no sewing machine. She’s truly awesome.
2. Great step-by-step photography. Are you a visual person? Or do you prefer written instructions? Well – you get both. It doesn’t matter how many steps are included in the project, she’s got an image and text for everything. You won’t be crying because you can’t picture what she’s saying – it’s all there!
3. Ashley gives you the time estimate and skill level required. While I don’t this is crucial for a craft book, it’s nice. Especially the time estimate. I’m one of those people that likes to know what I’m getting into so I can plan. I’ve become kinda anal about my time in my old age (ha!).
4. Lots of tips with each project. On her blog, Ashley has a talent for thinking of all of the little details and pitfalls a person might experience when doing a project. Her projects ARE attainable. She’s continued this method from her blog to her book. You can tell she really wants to make sure that you aren’t just looking at pretty pictures – you can actually accomplish the idea!
5. Good back and front sections. She’s got supply lists and sizing charts in the front, templates and other measurements in the back. Basically, you are equipped with everything you need in this one book to do some amazing projects that you will want to do. No searching around for other resources . . . it’s all here!
Grab No-Sew Love: Fifty Fun Projects to Make Without a Needle and Thread on Amazon here (looks like it’s already available!).