This has been such an exciting summer – I’ve done so many things that I’ve always wanted to try! I’m kind of an adventurer at heart, and I always like to do things at least once. Oh, and I make my friends come along on my crazy trips too (but they love it, at least I think). So when I asked my friend Maya to go stand up paddle boarding for the first time with me a few weeks ago, she was all in.
Stand up paddle boarding involves riding a board that resembles a surfboard (but way thicker). You have a paddle . . . one . . . and you use it to guide yourself around a body of water. Some people even do yoga on these things!
We had a blast, but there’s one thing about me and Maya that always holds true. We are klutzes. I don’t know what the deal is, but I have a whole set of cuts and bruises from my summer adventures. And the day of stand up paddle boarding, Maya fell off of her paddle board in shallow water and cut herself.
My cut thumb and the burn on my hand are just two examples of wounds I’ve inflicted. There have been so many scrapes over my legs and arms that you would wonder what exactly I’m doing. But it’s just normal activity!
What I really need when I’m out during the summer is first aid – but it’s really difficult to put together a first aid kit that is portable and not huge! It’s also typically a pain if you don’t have running water, and sometimes the ointments are messy. But you want to treat the wound immediately, because it promotes healing and prevents infection. So how do you do that? With Puracyn®!
There’s a new product called Puracyn® OTC Wound & Skin Care. And it’s kind of amazing. Perfect for someone like me who needs a small product that does everything for first aid on the go. Here’s what is awesome about it:
- Unique, patented solution of electrochemically treated saline for cleaning and healing wounds, including cuts, abrasions, irritations and lacerations. The solution mimics compounds naturally produced by the body, making it an ideal aid in wound cleaning and healing
- Spray on a cut or scrape, apply a bandage and you’re all set – it thoroughly cleans and washes away dirt and debris without the need to touch or rub the skin
- Helps the body to heal the wound naturally
- Allows easy wound cleansing without the need for running water, unnecessary rubbing of the wound, or messy and sometimes irritating ointments.
- Available in the first aid aisle at Meijer, Rite Aid, Walgreens and other retailers nationwide in 4 oz. bottles, for a suggested retail price of $14.99.
Are you surprised that I’m carrying this around in my bag now? I can’t even slip it into my mini bag to take on my paddle board!
Entry period for the Puracyn®’s Favorite Summer Firsts Giveaway will occur from 6/21/14 through 7/24/14. One winner will be chosen and announced on Facebook at around 12:30 P.M. EST each week on Thursday, July 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th to win one of four (4) summer themed prize packages to help you have fun at the beach, on a camping trip, at a backyard BBQ and more! Winners will also receive a first aid kit including Puracyn® OTC Wound & Skin Care product.
Learn more about the Puracyn® Favorite Summer Firsts Giveaway at www.facebook.com/Puracyn. See you out on the river!
This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation that contains affiliate links. I received one 4 oz. spray bottle of Puracyn® OTC Wound & Skin Care and a branded first aid kit. All opinions, text and experiences are my own.