Before I share some pictures, I’d like to explain. I live in a ONE room loft – meaning, there are no rooms . . . it’s just one big rectangle in the city. Don’t get me wrong, I love living here (um, I love the concrete floors especially), but it doesn’t work for me anymore. The main issue? THERE IS NO STORAGE. I work from home, and so my “studio” is right near my kitchen. Then my living room is near my kitchen and studio . . . and then my bedroom is facing all of it. So working from home is great, but running a crafty freelance business? Not as great.
So I’m moving. I’m moving to a different place to live, and separating my business into a separate studio space. But, I still have a lot of sorting and organizing to do. This is what I’m talking about:
Check out my boxes of supplies, paperwork, and other craft items. My sewing machine is under there too, along with a folding chair and some other crap. This area needs some major sorting and stacking onto shelves.
Here’s the dresser. I keep clothing in here, but I also use it as a dumping ground for finished projects and brand new purchases that I have to do something with in the next few weeks. Talk about a horrible staging area.
So there are other pictures that show areas of my apartment that don’t look like a Hoarders episode, but these are the areas that I’m going to organize once I move. And how am I going to do this?
With supplies from Home Depot! I have budgeted about $1,000 for storage and shelving units from my favorite home improvement store (and if I can come in at under budget, woot). I’m so excited to get started, but first I have to get everything boxed up and to its destination (which happens next week). Then I’m going to do some shopping and some update posts. You are going to be so proud of me when this is over!
If you have an organization project you need to tackle, I wanted to let you know that Savings.com is giving away $1,000 per day in Home Depot gift cards for the next three days, starting today! All you have to do is click on the image above or THIS LINK and you’ll be directed to the Savings.com site where you simply input your email address to be entered to win.
Here are more details!
- The giveaway will start on Monday, April 21 at 9:30 AM EST and end on Wednesday, April 23 at 7:00 PM EST, users can enter the giveaway by heading to the Home Depot page on Savings.com and submitting their email address.
- Each day, 150 – $20 Home Depot gift cards will be given away, for a total of $1,000 each day for three days.
- At 7:00 PM EST on each day the sweepstakes is running (Monday the 21st, Tuesday the 22nd and Wednesday the 23rd) 50 of the winners will be selected and $1,000 dollars worth of gift cards will be given out.
- Readers can enter the sweepstakes once a day, with the giveaway being reset at 7:01 PM EST on Monday and Tuesday. This means everyone can enter this sweepstakes 3 times – potentially allowing someone to win $60 worth of gift cards.
- Savings.com will notify the winners and send them their gift card code via the email address they use to enter.
And just so you know, the giveaway will run simultaneously with Home Depot’s BEST DEAL of the year: $10 off purchases of $100 or more. Use the promo code: SPRINGHD from now through Sunday, April 27th.
Log in to your Savings.com account to grab this deal on the Home Depot merchant page.
I can’t wait to see your organization project – let me know what you are working on and what you want to accomplish in your home this spring!
Disclosure: All opinions expressed above are 100% mine and do not express the views or opinions of Savings.com or Home Depot.