I love sharing my favorite new craft books with you, I really do. There is nothing like holding a new book in my hands . . . and cracking it open to see all of the fun ideas. My latest read is The Crafter’s Book of Clever Ideas: Awesome Craft Techniques for Handmade Craft Projects. It’s actually by two friends of mine, Andrea and Cliff Currie, who also blog at Hand Make My Day. And just to throw a sparkle cherry on top of the awesome cake, Andrea won a TV show called Craft Wars a few years back. so what I’m saying is, they are more than qualified to write a craft book, and I’m so glad they did. As always, I like to give you a list of what I enjoyed and let you go from there.
Here are my five favorite things about this book.
1. His and Hers – Andrea and Cliff are a husband and wife duo, and both are makers. So it was a natural fit to take this perspective to their book, and for each theme they have their individual interpretations of a project that would fit. For example, for “Tropical Vessels,” Andrea shows you how to make a cactus friend, and Cliff shows you how to make a venus flytrap. What a cool way to organize their book!
2. Craft Party! – Several of the projects have “Craft Party” icons, which is great. I’m actually hosting a craft party in June, and even though I do crafts all the time, finding a project that you can do with a large group of people is not always easy to think of. It’s nice to have ideas and a supply list right in front of me. No brain power required!
3. The projects are fun – I’ll be honest, I’ve seen a lot of the same types of crafts in many books. These ideas are unique and interesting, and perfect if you are looking for something different than anything you’ve seen before.
4. Household materials as supplies – Andrea and Cliff made use of items such as rubber bands, tin cans, and a plastic colander. One of my goals is to use more household (and readily available) supplies in my projects, so they are my idols in that regard. I love using simple items in new and unexpected ways.
5. They use a lot of Mod Podge – Um, duh, of course I love this! If you read this blog, you probably use Mod Podge (or want to use it). If you are always in need of decoupage ideas, this book is for you. You’ll be busting out that jar of Podge quite frequently, and that’s something to get really excited about.
The Crafter’s Book of Clever Ideas is another definite add to the creative book library that I’m sure is on your shelf. You can go for the purchase, or you can enter to win one below courtesy of Andrea and Cliff. Enjoy reading!
a Rafflecopter giveaway