Are you ready for summer? Normally I don’t love hot weather, but this year I’ve decided to embrace it. Plus it helps that I absolutely love my porch in my loft. But I haven’t done much with it until now. Where are you at with your outdoor living space? Are you ready to get outside and get it ready for another season of outdoor entertaining? If so, here are five tips I think you’ll appreciate.
1. Add some greenery. The plant I put out on the porch makes all the difference in the world. For those of you with gardens, add some fun like touches like plant pokes (of course I added a gnome and mushroom).
2. Light it up. I recently bought solar lights for my porch and I LOVE them. They are string lights that go on the railing and charge during the day. Whether you go for string lights or even a plug in lamp, adding lights to your outdoor space makes it feel quaint.
3. Get furniture that you like. And it doesn’t have to be expensive. If you can’t find furniture in your price range that you love, how about DIY’ing it? Clean up some old furniture, add spray paint and cushions for a whole new look. I have wanted retro chairs for a long time and I finally got them – it makes me want to be outside more!
4. Decorate. Add some home decor items to the outdoor space. I’m in the process of decorating and so far I’ve gotten this little owl. Isn’t he fun? I’d love to add an outdoor rug and additional items to make it even more cozy.
5. Clean it like you would an indoor space. I transformed my porch using Mr. Clean Outdoor Pro Spray, Mr. Clean Outdoor Pro Magic Erasers and Bounty paper towels. P&G and The Home Depot sent me these products to Get it Ready. Get it Done. Get it Clean. for summer and outdoor entertaining. So that is exactly what I did!
Piggie and I went out to the porch and realized how DIRTY it was. No one would want to sit in these chairs or use the table, much less relax with a beverage and enjoy the nice weather. Time for a deep clean.
I used the Mr. Clean Outdoor Pro Spray on my tables and chairs. Can I tell you that this stuff smells surprisingly good?? I loved the smell. Like really loved it.
I used the Bounty paper towels to wipe everything down. They were thick and, with the spray, got everything up with just a few paper towels. I’m embarrassed to show you all this dirt. But that isn’t even the worst part.
The railings were disgusting. Mr. Clean Outdoor Pro Magic Erasers helped me get them clean. First I didn’t even use cleaner – just water – and look what came up. Then I used some spray for the second round and wiped all the railings down before putting the solar lights on.
Now that my porch is all clean, I’m so excited to have my friends over! My porch is pretty big, so we can all hang out and enjoy the summer weather. Yay! I just have a few more touches and I’m done. As for the cleaning, You can find all of these P&G outdoor cleaning supplies at The Home Depot near you. Enter to win a prize pack including all of these supplies AND a $50 Home Depot gift card below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received these products from Procter & Gamble for my consideration, as well as any prize provided as part of a contest. All opinions are 100% my own.