Has anyone else been sick lately? OMG – I have been so sick. I have had the worst, stinkiest cold ever. I haven’t even been able to go to yoga, which I’ve been addicted to recently . . . I haven’t been able to do anything but sit in my bed. At least I’m catching up on my reality tv, right? I’m kind of loving The Bachelor and Vanderpump Rules – no judgements, please.
So I have a few favorite remedies for beating colds that I wanted to share. I’m wondering if any of you have the same tips.
1. Dog snuggles. I don’t know if you have a dog, but you should get one for when you are sick. Kidding! My dog Roxie is such a sweet girl, and she is especially sensitive when I’m sick. She usually just cares about eating, but when I’m not feeling well she cares about me, which is nice. Ha!
2. Cinnamon tea. O. M. G. My neighbor Kim gave me the most delicious cinnamon and orange tea, and I love this stuff. I’m drinking it by the loads, and it’s especially awesome. I’m drinking a ton of it. Warm drinks really help.
3. Water. Speaking of beverages, it’s easy to get dehydrated when you are sick, at least for me. So I’ve been trying to drink a ton of water.
4. Humidifier. There must be something about moisture and getting sick! The humidifier keeps my nasal passages clear and keeps me from choking all night. I’ve been coughing like crazy, so I bought a humidifier and it’s really helping.
5. Kleenex. Not just any tissue – I need Kleenex. And I need the kind with lotion in it, because my nose gets really chapped. This is also kind of gross but my nose gets particularly runny when I’m sick (especially with what I have now) so I always need a few boxes of Kleenex around.
So these are my top five things that I use when I feel sick. What are your sick day solutions?
Kleenex brand, America’s softest tissue*, knows that once one experiences the softness of Kleenex brand tissues, they will be eager to share it with other cold and flu sufferers, friends and strangers alike, as a way to show they care. This cold and flu season, make the care complete with a Kleenex Brand Care Pack, and together we’ll turn a seemingly- small gesture into something bigger, to make everyone feel better. Visit kleenex.com/softness to learn more.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Kleenex via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kleenex.