I have been under the weather for DAYS. Am I the only one that hasn’t felt great? I think the worst of it is over, but man, for awhile there I was pretty sick. I think it was the fact that it got warm, then cold, then warm, then cold here in Atlanta. My body just wasn’t up for all the changes!
So what do I do when I’m not feeling well? I have 5 Sick Day Essentials that are key to making me feel better. Some of them might be surprising to you, but here is the list.
- Bubble baths – there is no faster way for me to relax when I’m not feeling great than with a warm bath. I particularly like bubbles and bath salts. Especially those with lavender! So relaxing.
- Freshly washed blankets and sheets – I love snuggling in bed with my sheets and blankets, but they have to be freshly washed. I get my pug maid Roxie to plump my pillows for me too. Kidding! It’s kind of the other way around. But seriously, I love freshly washed bedding when I don’t feel well.
- Yoga – I know, this one is kind of crazy. I’m not talking about power yoga or a lot of aerobic activity, but yoga cleared my sinuses the other day. Do some basic stretching. You’ll be surprised at how good it makes you feel.
- Vicks Nature Fusion – love this cold product. It’s alcohol and gluten free and if I have to take cold medication, it’s my favorite. The honey smooths my throat.
- A warm beverage – possibly tea, hot chocolate or even coffee if I’m just feeling kind of dumpy. If it’s hot chocolate, don’t forget the mini marshmallows. Nothing like a warm beverage after I’m out of the tub sitting in my freshly washed sheets.
So how about you? What are your sick day essentials? And here’s to feeling fully recovered soon (and to warmer weather!).
Stock up on your Sick Day Essentials at the Kroger Co. Family of Stores and save big! From December 30-January 12, use the DayQuil, NyQuil, and Nature Fusion e-saver coupons found here and save even more money by shopping for those products as part of the Buy 5 Save $5 sale.
Disclosure: I was selected for participation in this campaign as a member of Clever Girls Collective.