Occasionally I do product review posts when I’m very passionate about something. I like you to share the things I love and maybe someone out there can benefit from my positive experience. I recently moved in a loft in August and got a new washer and dryer, and I LOVE them. They are Maytag Bravos, and they are big and silver and beautiful.
Top loading was very important to me. My parents have had top-of-the-line front loaders of a few different brands over the years, and I can’t stand them. They smell and get moldy and my parents end up doing a lot of maintenance. In fact, my mom suggested I get top loading . . . and since she’s has 30 years of experience with a family of seven, I listened.
Style wasn’t as important to me, but I liked that they came in silver. For some reason I wanted silver appliances, even though they are in a laundry room. Maybe because the floors of my loft are concrete?
So what do I love about my washer and dryer?
- Number one is definitely the water saving/energy features. The washer does a little jig at the beginning of the cycle to figure out how much there is to wash, and then it adds water accordingly. I feel like even when I have a small wash, it’s okay because I’m not using too much water (and I do have these because it’s just me). My washer uses 70% LESS WATER than conventional washers!
- The spin cycle really gets the water out of the clothes, so they have to dry for a shorter period of time = less energy.
- I’m obsessed with the Power Wash cycle for those extra dirty loads – like doggy stuff, towels . . . you could also use for kids’ clothes. It really gets the clothes sparkling clean.
- There’s an allergen cycle to get rid of the pollen, and that is so important in the south. My clothes are covered with pollen all the time. I love the many cycle choices I have to customize my wash cycle.
- Both appliances are quiet, which is nice because I’m in an apartment with tall ceilings. That means that if my appliances are too loud, my neighbors could get cranky . . . but this isn’t an issue.
If you are looking for a washer/dryer combo, I highly recommend the Maytag Bravos. This set has been amazing, the best out of any I’ve owned. I’m a washing/drying fool!