Hi Mod Podge Rocks Readers! I’m Justine from the blog Sew Country Chick, and I’m so excited to be guest posting my DIY Christmas decor here at Mod Podge Rocks, one of my favorite crafting blogs . . . ever . . . seriously. I was a city person who moved with my husband and four kids to an old country house, we started raising chickens, and I started making lots of stuff. One of my many passions is sewing so I named my blog Sew Country Chick! Stop on by the old blog for a dose of handmade style!
So let’s get started with today’s project shall we? Voila, my modern Joy Mod Podged canvases tutorial.
So bright and cheerful, don’t you think? Perfect for hanging on a boring wall to cheer things up for Christmas, or you can just lean it against something like I did. I like the effect the Mod Podge Sparkle gives. very festive!
Here are the supplies you will need to make your own Mod Podged canvases.
- Some 6 inch square canvases. I bought mine online but you can find them at most art supply stores
- Mod Podge Sparkle
- Some 9 inch Christmas scrapbook paper. No cutting required!
- A piece of white sparkly cardstock. I bought mine at Target. It comes in a packet of 2 pieces
- A Mod Podge brayer. This is great for getting bubbles out on Mod Podged projects
- Access to either an electronic cutter ir a printer to print out a large sized font with the words JOY. I used the font Cooper Black to give a modern look
- Cover the canvas with Mod Podge than apply your 6 inch scrapbook paper.
- Make sure to get all of the bubbles out!
- Once it dries apply a topcoat of Sparkle Mod Podge to the top.
- Print out the words Joy with an electronic cutter or you can print out the font in a really big size to fit you canvas. You can then cut out the letters to use them as a stencil to cut out the letters if you don’t have a cutter. Use an X-Acto knife if you have one.
- Glue on your letters and you are done!