5, 4, 3, 2, 1 things about Amy Anderson.

5.4.3.2.1. things about...

So Craft has been doing this series called 5,4,3,2,1 with several people – and they are encouraging the online world to do their own.  They are the same five questions as you’ll see below. How could I resist? So let’s begin. Here I am, as you know me:

One Project You Are Particularly Proud Of
1.  My refurbished key portrait. It may not be anyone else’s colors or style, but I love it. When it comes to crafting, you have to make yourself happy.

Two Mistakes You’ve Made in the Past
1.  Trying to do too much at once for too many people. It’s caused crappy projects and missed deadlines. It’s better to say no than to disappoint (yourself and others).
2.   I’ve missed several opportunities to promote myself and my work because I was just too tired or too lazy. Sometimes that day job just kicks me in the butt.

Three Things That Make Your Work Unique
1.  Bold colors. I’m not afraid to try them.
2.  I’m childish. I don’t mean that in a bad way – I mean, I embrace memories and styles from my childhood and I think I make that connection with other people doing the same thing. I’ve never grown up.
3. Sense of humor. I have a pretty healthy sense of humor in my life, and I like to bring it into what I do.  So sometimes I put goofy stuff on projects – like glitter moustaches (above).

Four Tools You Love to Use
1.  My computer. I have a MacBook Pro and I’m on it all the time. I’m a blogger WAY more than I am a crafter.
2.  X-Acto. These craft knives are great for everything. Have you ever tried picking a lock with one? Haha!
3.  Craft paint. It covers up most anything that is ugly.
4.  Knitting needles. Most people don’t know that I’ve been knitting since I was 15 (longer than I haven’t been). I used to design my own patterns before I got knee-deep in Mod Podge. I still LOVE knitting.

Five Inspirations
1.  Pinterest.  I’m totally on the bandwagon my friends. Typically I’m a late adapter, but Pinterest sucked me in early. You are going to be addicted so please – join me.
2.  Fashion. I look a lot at color palettes in clothing and accessories to get inspired.
3.  Craft materials. I always try new things or brands to get the ideas flowing. I go to the craft store and look at items that I’ve never tried before and ask myself, what could I do with that? It often leads to other ideas.
4. Target. I love going to the home section and checking out the new textiles and housewares. They work with some great designers, and I always think about the DIY version of what I’m seeing.
5.  Blogs. This is a gimme. I’m on the internet all the time looking at projects to feature. The blog world is very talented, and this includes my readers. I’m constantly amazed at what I find.

Thanks for letting me share my 5,4,3,2,1 with you. If you do one on your blog, please share the link with me in the comments. I would love to know more about you!

Comments

1. Pear2Apple says

I LOVE PINTEREST! I am so obsessed with searching people’s finds and then posting my own stuff! I remember to post to there more than I remember to bookmark it myself!

Whats your Pinterest? I’d love to follow you!

2. janine says

I can certainly relate to the two mistakes you’ve made in the past—especially the day job kicking the butt. I’ve tried a few different times to get involved with some online ventures but, honestly, when I get home from the day’s work, I just don’t have it in me. I know that I should be looking at these ventures as an opportunity but, when I walk in the door from work, it just seems like another job where I’m putting a ton of effort into it, with little return. I already do that at my day job, so why would I want to come home and do it all over again…lol Some day I may be able to wrap my head around it but, right now, I’m just not feeling it.

3. Single Stone Studios says

I LOVE your refurbushed key portrait! One of my favorite projects of yours. This all white decorating that is trending right now does nothing for me. Give. Me. COLOR. :)

Cute pic of you in this post too!

-Shelley

4. Amy K says

I tried to find you on Pinterest. Would you mind sharing a link, so we’re able to follow your boards?
    Thanks!

5. Delhibound says

that key portrait? awesome!!

hey – question for you …

I live in India and have been doing Melody’s Soul Restoration … figured you’d be the best shot at an answer.

It is SO humid here … and our stuff isn’t drying :(

Are there any tips for using ModPodge in humid climates … like the kind that even with the aircon running, it’s STILL wicked humid???

All of our lovely journal pages are sticking together and ruining our memories of SR !!!

7. Chelsea says

So inspired by your blog, I ran out and bought some mod podge! Can’t wait to see how my first project turns out :)

Aw, thanks ladies, for the kind comments! For those who are interested, here’s my Pinterest:

I would love to get your Pinterest links so I can follow you too. :D

Colleen, totally agree. It wasn’t as easy for me either!

DelhiBound – I would definitely use a hair dryer to cure the Mod Podge, and then spray seal each page with a clear acrylic (you can buy at a craft/home improvement store). That should help a lot – but you also might want to store with wax paper in between the pages as well. Good luck with Soul Restoration. I went to Brave Girls Camp and adore Melody!

9. Wendi says

Fun! I love that mustache! I’m new on Pinterest and NOW I know what all the fuss is about. It’s fabulous!