I’m SO SO excited to be introducing two gentleman who will be doing projects around here every Tuesday – the Man Podgers. I have been wanting to get more “male-inspired” projects on this blog, just for a little variety. There are so many great Man Podgers out there and I have found two of the best! The first Man Podger I’d like to introduce is Walter Silva.
Walter and I have known each other through e-mail for awhile, so it’s a thrill that he accepted a position as a Man Podger. Here’s a little bit about Walter that you should know (from the man himself):
- I am a Illustrator and Product Designer with a passion for kids picture books and kids decor.
- I live in a New England city, Providence, RI. I love all that NE offers, especially RI beeches and Cape Cod!
- I have a thing for all sorts of papers, wrapping, scrapbook, handmade, ephemera and retro packaging.
- These are the elements and inspirations that fuel my creative collage style.
- I use Mod Podge for most of my products and ART found in my SHOPs.
- Other things that inspire me Antique Malls, flea markets, museums, European illustrations, Folk Art, Graffiti and vintage toys!
- Blueprints, Geometry, Patterns & the fabrication of many quilts fascinate me.
- I can’t imagine not being creative and hope that my work makes people smile and/or inspires others.
I love pretty much anything that Walter does, but I REALLY love his art blocks. Check out this cute owl wall plaque in his shop.
To get more Walter action, visit him at the follow places: