If you haven’t heard of Jennifer Paginelli, you simply MUST visit her site, Sis Boom. Jennifer is a fabric designer (among other things) and her fabric is a visual feast for me. I mean, the colors are right up my alley. So I was excited when I found out she authored Girl’s World with Chronicle Books. Just the cover had me wanting to dig in – then I spotted some pom-poms in the background. I’ve been thinking for awhile that I need more pom-poms in my life. Because who doesn’t?
If you have a girl in your life (from toddler to tween) that you’d like to sew for, then Girl’s World is a must have. Here are my five favorite things about this book – with a giveaway.
1. The detailed instructions. Let’s just say I’m a forgetful sewer. I’ve been sewing since I was 11, but with any break in time between sewing projects I need a refresher. I’m guessing a lot of you are like me. I also want to fully understand the techniques that are going to be used in projects before I begin. There are good descriptions and illustrations of how things should look as you are sewing along. Thanks Jennifer!
2. The room accessories section. I’m not that great at thinking of room accessories to sew, and I need all the ideas that I can get. The projects in Girl’s World are pretty and perfect, and there are a lot to choose from. It’s hard to choose my favorite, but I’m really into headboards (and psuedo-headboards) right now, so the Katie Eliza Canopy with Pinwheel Strands really tickles me.
3. The gorgeous dresses – and I do mean gorgeous. This book has several dress patterns with beautiful details like bodices and sashes. Add in some sparkly aprons and a crinoline or two to fancy up any of the patterns. All of the patterns can be used with fancier fabric to make a dress appropriate for an elegant occasion.
4. Girl’s World comes with pattern pieces. I really like getting pattern pieces with my sewing books. It just makes my life so much easier! The pattern sheets are thinner paper that is easy to use with clear instructions. You will be so glad to have them.
5. George the Puppy. This is my favorite project – the text says he is “guaranteed to put a smile on anyone’s face” and it’s true for sure. Isn’t the row of little George’s cute?
Jennifer and Chronicle Books have graciously provided a copy of Girl’s World for me to giveaway. I’m very excited because if I weren’t me, I would enter my own contest. If that makes sense. Anyhoo, here are some things to know for today’s giveaway:
1. Comment on THIS blog entry. Why would you like this book?
2. Only one entry per person.
3. Contest will close this Wednesday, June 29th at midnight (EST).
4. PLEASE leave your e-mail address if it’s not attached in Blogger – I need some way to reach you.
Full contest disclosure here.