The Original Scrapbox – I finally organize my crafts.

They aren’t organized yet, but I’m beginning.  What is Nellie guarding, you ask?  It’s the pieces of my new Original Scrapbox!  For too long Mod Podge Command Central has been, well, let’s face it .  . . a crafty dump.  In case you need a refresher, here’s what she looks like:

There are dogs and craft supplies everywhere – nothing is organized and everything is hard to find.  My friends, I’ve finally had enough.  I ordered my Original Scrapbox (the Minibox in Vanilla Raised Panel specifically) and have been eagerly awaiting its arrival.  I’m happier than a woodpecker in a lumber yard now that it’s finally here!  This is what it’s going to look like after I assemble it:

I’m going to take you on my journey of getting her set up and going.  I want you all to be a part of the transformation of my craft space!  I need a name for her (or is it a him?) but I haven’t come up with one yet.  Suggestions are appreciated.  And because this entry needs an Oscars-type speech: “Thanks not only to the Original Scrapbox for helping me to get my life in order, but to Erica Domesek of PS I Made This – I first spotted this amazing organizing tool on her loft tour and I’ve wanted one ever since.”

Comments

1. Holly says

Very cool! It will be fun to see the transformation.
    I vote for calling it the “Smorganization Center” cause you will be picking out items as easily as a buffet line!

2. ⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ says

Organizing 101~! I would have to think of a name. Nellie is too cute. I have a black pug named Lucy! They are the best dogs ever!
    XO

3. CatScrapper says

Oh my . . . I am SO coveting this! Good luck with it and I’ll be looking forward to seeing how you get it all set up!

4. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says

That. Is. A. Great. Invention! What a perfect thing for small spaces and I can’t wait to see yours in action, Amy! I visited the website and I like the sewing one they have, too. I have a computer armoire that we no longer use, but once we downsize I’m thinking there has to be a way for me to use it for either crafts, sewing or to hold my business inventory {fabric sample books, etc.}.

5. WhichCraft-Liz says

Congrats! This is awesome. I have the original scrapbox and I couldn’t be happier. My crafting stuff was on my dinning room table and all over the floor in bins/boxes/carts. It took me longer to find something than to make something. ENJOY your new space!!!

Liz

6. kristie says

Omg!! Amy you are such a lucky girl! I love that, and cant wait to see how you bring it all together! I think you should call her smexy because she is so smart and sexy!
    the burning question is,, how long will you be able to resist applying some modpodge??

7. Lori m says

Enjoy, I’ve heard folks say they are the coolest ever, be sure to show things all done please. :)

8. Leah the Orange says

ooooh, congrats on your new addition! i hope this is the beginning of something beautiful and i can’t wait to see your space all organa-zized! :D GOOD LUCK!

9. sleepswithpitbulls says

Thank goodness I’m not the only person who’s scrap and crafting supplies have taken on a life of their own and threaten to take over the house! Loving the Scrapbox, I can see so very many uses for it!

10. Gloria Westerman says

I’m so excited for you….and I know you are too….these are just names that popped in my head….

Bessie- b/c it’s the best piece ever
    or
    Lou- in lou of the floor…table…couch…..ect….

Please show us when you get it all together…….

11. beccagoose says

I really want to win the book. Being a hip grandma with needle & thread is my dream.

12. Sunny Day says

Love the organizer. Especially all the drawers. My space is small also and I just bought two chests from Walmart. Wish I had waited now and gotten something like this. Oh well, there is always next time. ;-).

13. Denise says

I am saving up for the big Workbox. I get giddy every time I look at the demo video. We live in a tiny house and my scrapbooking and craft supplies are spread out all over. I can’t want to have it all in one cabinet.
    I love your pug babies. I miss mine so much. They are the best dogs ever.
    Denise @Sparechangechic

14. craftyols says

Oh, Amy, I am proud of you! It’s good to get it all in one place…not so much stacking involved this way, too. Give Nellie a squishy kissy from me! I miss my girl, and miss you, too! Can’t wait to see it finished and set up!

15. kellyisascrapdiva says

Congrats on your new organization tool. I think you should name her after MPR-Molly Polly Rocks!

16. DebC says

I love the original scrapbox’s although I don’t have one I know i would love it!! I would call her Nilla (ya know slang for vanilla) I can’t wait to see it all done!

17. April says

I love that the site says
    “Please note that our freight companies are NOT able to take your item into your house for you.”

funny!