It’s a new year tomorrow, so I’m doing a recap – but no projects. Just fun moments. Happy New Year.
1. My feature on Design*Sponge. Oh my goodness, what an honor. I love Design*Sponge and I think that Grace Bonney (editor and creator) is the cat’s pajamas. It’s one of the few blogs I get a daily e-mail for. If you didn’t see me on there, the project was my key portrait before and after. I also fancy this particular feature because I got accused by several commenters of destroying antique keys, even though I said in my post that it was a broken piece of *fake* key art I got from Hobby Lobby. The power of reading is strong, my friends. I love Design*Sponge – I don’t love snarky commenters.
2. Crafterminds formed. Crafterminds is my bloggy support group consisting of Beckie from Infarrantly Creative, Heather from Dollar Store Crafts and Jen from Tatertots and Jello. We are craft bloggers trying to help crafter bloggers, and we recently held our first Twitter chat. It went so well that we are holding them every Monday. These girls are a great support to me, and I’m so thankful for them!
3. Brave Girls Camp. I went in July with my mom and had a great time. What a supportive group of women! I’m sorry for all those ladies who had to be around my mom and I, to a certain extent. We banter a lot, but it’s loving. I have to say “Maa-hm!!” a lot to keep her in line. Funny trip moment: my mom had a c-pap machine, and we shared a bed. I made her say “Luke, I am your father” with the mask on.
4. Nellie’s wig. Nellie got chosen to wear the red wig for Halloween, and this picture is hilarious. It makes me laugh when I see it, and I hope it does the same for you. She’s a trooper. A trooper that gets a lot of treats.
5. Meeting all of you. Whether virtually or in real life, it’s been a pleasure. I’m so thankful for all of you. Writing and creating every day is so personally fulfilling, and your support allows me to do that. You don’t know how much you mean to me. Good things for you in 2011.