Baby blue bird box.

Decoupage bird box
I’m going to be doing a lot of crafting while I’m off of work several days in the next few weeks – how about you? With all the time at home, I’m looking for some different types of projects . . . and then I found this blue bird box from Lindy at Cottage Hill. It looks like you have to be a painting expert to accomplish this, but that’s the part I love – you don’t. That bird is actually a graphic from The Graphics Fairy. And that’s where the Mod Podge comes in. Visit the full tutorial here.

Comments

1. GrannieEv says

This is going to be long-ish. I’ve always loved ModPodge. I’ve always loved all things computer since they came on the market as PCs. I’ve always crafted from back in the day.

I’m now 64 and due to a forced medical retirement I’ve gotten in a funk-ish spell that’s lasted long ’nuff.

Blogs – nah! Why would I want to read about someone’s day, their thoughts, etc. Then I found your ModPodge blog and made the mistake of clicking on a link. OMGolly. Blogs; craft blogs, junk-a-rama blogs, blogs of everykind. A whole new world out there. Who knew? Well, apparently almost everybody but me! Now, thanks to you, a big chunk of time is spent in blog land. I love it, I’m impressed by most of them, and I have YOU to thank. You also make me laugh.

Merry Christmas.

2. TYRaines says

Oh yeah! No work until January 4th and I am all about the crafting and sewing. Reading blogs is high on the list too.

3. Jenn Erickson says

Gosh, I just love The Graphics Fairy. That beautiful box certainly speaks to me, and since I’m about as adept with a paintbrush as a monkey is with brain surgery, the Cottage Hill tutorial is sure to be right up my alley. Thank you for continuing to rock the Mod Podge revolution!

I’m with you. I am making some grandiose plans in my head about how much crafting and scrapbooking I’m going to get done now that I don’t have to leave the house . . .

5. Holly says

Beautiful box. I adore that bird and have used it before. Just a sweet graphic and a great project.

6. Laura says

That is lovely! Thank you for your comment! If it wasn’t for your comment I wouldn’t have realized I called Mod Podge, Modge Podge,lol. Sometimes, I create my own language. :)