Non-traditional monogrammed wreath.

mod podge monogrammed wreath
I’m not the most traditional of people (the mis-matched socks gave me away?), and so a plain door wreath simply won’t do for me.  When I spotted this cheery yellow wreath by Kristy of the Diary of Dave’s Wife on City Cradle Design, I knew it had to be mine. I love the yellow, but I would paint my blue. Oh, and it definitely needs an “A” in the center. Don’t you think that people who share their projects online are so kind? I never would have come up with this, but I can make one now. If you want to make one too, visit the original tutorial here. With Kristy’s handy-dandy tutorial, we’ll all have fun wreaths in no time.

Comments

1. Megan Walker says

*LOVE*LOVE*LOVE* I adore things that are different and unique too (gee, what a shocker). And I agree with what you said – how nice of her to share, because I would not have thought of this either, but I love it!

(I keep forgetting to send you my projects! I really will, I promise….. hehe!)

2. ellie g says

I am anti-wreath. In some weird league of anti-wreath people. I don’t know what it is. I’ll seek therapy. In the mean time…..this “not” a wreath…..is right up my alley! I pretty much love it!

3. Janet says

I’m torn on this one. I love the idea of it being quirky, but there’s something about the design that really reminds me of a sports logo! :(

4. Rebekah says

I agree — it’s not exactly a wreath, but it IS fantastic. And I’m so crazy about yellow right now. Love it!

5. jules p says

I love love love this. Thanks Mod for sharing. And please post your design once you finish! Would love to see it!!! :)

I think this design is fun and fabulous! I can visualize it with all vintage materials (my specialty) including a Victorian frame and some yoyo embellishments with old buttons in the centers…..