May the force be with you eye chart.

For those of you who don’t know, I’m a huge nerd – ie., Star Wars fan. I’m not quite sure when it began, but it was definitely before high school. Let’s say that I got some statuettes when I was in 8th grade for Christmas gifts. I can’t believe i just told you that, but I think you should know these things. In college, I bought the Star Wars Trivial Pursuit game and used to have tournaments every Wednesday with my friends. And now? As an adult the love has manifested itself into an Ewok t-shirt. I guess it could be worse.

When I saw that Barbara from hodge:podge made this eyechart Star Wars art for her son, the inner nerd knew that it needed to be shared with the world. It’s so simple, yet so wonderful. Find her tutorial here, and then consider other phrases from the triology to make into your own eye chart. I fancy “You’ll find I’m full of surprises” (Luke Skywalker in case you didn’t know).

Comments

1. Jacinda Cote says

Hi There! I LOVE LOVE Decoupage as well!!! I use mod podge for every craft I do, other than the sewing ones… lol The eye chart is Fantastic! What a super clever idea, and the quote that goes with it too is so fun. I’m your new biggest fan!:)

2. Sew Many Ways... says

Hi Amy…since you confessed you’re a Star Wars nerd, I couldn’t let you stand alone. I, too, am a Star Wars nut and I mean nut. I am an odd combination of loving French toile fabric, sewing, Mod Podge, The Walton’s and Star Wars, but that’s me in a nut shell. An odd nut shell, to say the least. There…I confessed it to the world! LOL
    ~Karen~

3. Beth says

Thats awesome. I’ve got a house full of Star War nerds so they will love this, thanks for sharing!

4. Sarah says

Hooray for crafty nerds! Are you a fan of any other scifi stuff, or is it just Star Wars? If you want to get more into it, I’d recommend Firefly – it’s a great show and I’ve never heard of anyone not liking it!

5. - Kim says

Great idea~ We are big star wars fans in this house. And as much as I love it, I’m the only one in the house that has NOT seen any of the movies all the way through. And I even went to see the midnight showings of Ep I II III.
    I can’t believe I just admitted THAT. ;)

6. Jan says

From one Star Wars nerd to another…that is AWESOME!!

In college, I completely decked out my side of the dorm in Star Wars…sheets, comforter, posters…the works! People used to stop by our room just to see…it was legendary! ha!!

7. barbara@hodge:podge says

Thanks for featuring my “art”. Glad someone else can appreciate a bit of Star Wars!

8. Anne Marie@Married to the Empire says

Well, you know I certainly can’t judge you! I’m married to a stormtrooper, and we had a Star Wars room in our house for years. And, um, where did you get your ewok shirt???

9. Jane says

I have all the ships, characters and even “the ice world of Hoth” model. Actually, they belong to sons, but I could not part with them.(We even have some of the ORIGINAL stuff from the guys’ cousins…with photos of these cousins (now 39 and 42) playing with them. (I never could get into the newest movies, though…maybe is was a “youth” thing…
    Jane (artfully graced)

10. Angie says

I completely {heart} this project – thanks so much for sharing it, Amy! This would be a welcome addition in our geeky lair, perhaps alongside some Trek quotes. :)