Mod Podged and colored food jars.

One of my favorite bloggers, Pam from Gingerbread Snowflakes, has done something so fantastic with Mod Podge that I have to share. She colored these recycled jars with MP and food coloring – the resulting luminaries are fabulous, and you need to go here right away to see what she did. So easy, and perfect for party decor!

I also wanted to show you Emily’s (from the blog Inspired) version, which she did after seeing Pam’s post. Go here to see all of her fabulous bottles. Time for me to have a party!

Comments

1. Leah says

Ya know it’s funny, just a couple days ago I was wondering if you could use food coloring to tint Mod Podge… Then I see this… Awesome! I can’t wait to try this ;)

2. pam says

Oh Amy, thank you for featuring my colored lanterns! And I am so pleased you also linked to Emily’s project. I just loved the brilliant colors she got by applying several layers and building up the colors.

Got to mention that my blue lantern has been hanging out in the rain near my pond for weeks and it is holding up so well. I put the lid on it to keep the rain from collecting inside – we are having cold, rainy weather – just can not shake it. Anyway – I can’t recommend OUTDOOR Mod Podge enough. The finish on the lantern so far is holding up just great. And I didn’t apply any acrylic protection because I wanted to test it out. Great product!

3. Elyse says

These are really beautiful. Can’t wait to figure out what I am going to use the technique on.

4. Donene says

I love these colored bottles. What a great idea to add food coloring!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog today!

5. rkasem says

i have some clear wine bottles that i think will work great with this method to make vases – oh i cant wait to try it. thanks :)

rkasem

6. cece says

you know Im in the process of doing this but I was told I can do it with elmers glue not working to good do I need to wait for it to dry to give it the second coat? and how are they with the wash will it wash off? mine calls for 1 tsp glue 2 1/2 tsp water and 3 drops of color please help me thank you