The winning stick.

You are probably wondering what this is – it’s a winning stick, silly! This stick is actually a brilliant idea for rewarding your children by Lori from Mom Inc Daily. She was having some whining problems with her 4-year-old, and so designed this stick to nip it in the bud. The basic premise? You do good things, you move the clothespin up the stick. It’s a great concept, and I think I should use it for my co-workers.

Some will wonder why their clothespin is moving down.

Anyway, visit here to get more information about how to make this fabulous stick. My only other piece of advice is to somehow attach it to the wall so that it doesn’t become a beating stick. I grew up with four brothers, so I know these things.

Comments

1. Steph @ somewhatsimple says

I love this idea! I am going to make one this week!!!

I just used mod podge myself last night- check it out on my blog if you would like to see it! Have a great day!

2. Pacific Northwest Cottage says

This is a great idea if you have young children.

Thanks, Amy, for the chuckle and the unexpected vivid memories of childhood when you mentioned attaching it to the wall so it doesn’t become a beating stick!

3. KillerB says

This is a great idea. My mother (who is a 1st grade teacher) used to reward my bother and me with a similar system.

In our case, once the clothespin reached the very top of the stick we would get a treat. Then she’d reset the clothespin at the bottom of the stick and we’d earn our way back to a treat again. It was a great way to show us positive feedback without giving us a zillion cookies or stickers.

4. Miss Mustard Seed says

Very cute project. I was a fool to not know what that was at first site. :) I might have to try this on my three year old.

5. Raychel says

I’m going to make this tonight! I love it and I’m sure it would work for my 4 year old :)

Raychel from My Creative Way

6. Jamielouwho says

Haha! Cracking up at the beating stick. I’m the only girl with 2 brothers…I feel ya.

This is a GREAT idea! I need to make one for my 8 year old. Hmmm…the Listening Stick. I’m liking this idea!

7. Chels says

That’s great advice about attaching it on the wall and a very creative idea. It’s time to change what I’ve been doing with my 6 year old.

p.s. I gave you an award on my blog- Lemonade Stand Award.

Loved your idea of using this for co-workers! The idea definitely appeals to me! I used to be the only women in a small company of 8 designers! I am thinking I could have had a lot of fun playing with their minds as they watched those clothes pins moving up then down then up! Ha!

I wonder how this concept would play out if couples were to use it!