For the love of coasters.

I like coasters, and if you came to my house you would see that because I have about 1,000 of them. There’s always some sort of beverage on pretty much every coaster, even when I’m here alone. What can I say? It’s important to stay hydrated.

I bring you a very female-looking set of coasters by Kristy of Light Refreshments Served, and then a very male-looking set by Kari of Handmade Mommy. Not only are coasters a great beginning Podger project, but they are truly a great (and inexpensive) gift. As Kari shows us, it’s a great gift idea for the dude in your life. Personalize a set for that special person in your life. For instance, my coasters would, of course, have pugs on them. Visit here for Kristy’s instructions and then here for Kari’s. Kristy said it best: then you can live happy in a spot-free coaster world.

Comments

Hi Amy-

I tried to send you an e-mail but it would not go thru. I have been a subscriber to your blog for sometime and always enjoy all the projects. My daughters created a table with Mod Podge when they were little and I posted it on my blog, yesterday. Since they used Mod Podge I thought you may enjoy seeing their handiwork.

If I had more time I would make so many of the projects you show. I did make the tea bag cover clipboard for my daughter. She loved it.
    Thanks for providing us with lots of inspiration and fun giveaways.
    my best- Diane

2. Live the Home Life says

Holy coasters! These are fantastic! I can’t wait to try them on for size myself. Thanks for sharing!

-Cara @ Live the Home Life

3. Bird learning to fly... says

Amy,

Firstly, Thank you for stopping by at Bird Crafts and for saying hi!! :)

Since I discovered the Frech equivalent of Modge Podge, I am like a kid in a sweet shop!!! Everything gets covered :)

Great minds think alike, ’cause I posting a tutorial on tiles and other goodies next Tuesday! Don’t miss it?!

Have great weekend!!

4. serra says

hi! I love your blog… I was wondering if by chance you know of a good “mixed media art” book which fundamentally uses mod podge? I’d love to create some stuff, but need help with the how-to with the painting parts and stuff.

This probably doesn’t make sense….

Thanks everyone, for the comments!

Serra – you asked about a mixed media book. In terms of printed material, I’m not that familiar with actual books (I need to be!) but I can recommend these two:
    Try those and let me know what you think!

6. Katie says

I love your blog, I’ll definitely be checking back often. I’m hoping you might be able to answer my question about making tiles. I’ve just started making them, and am putting on 4 – 5 coats of Mod Podge glossy finish. I can’t seem to get rid of the lines from brushing on the Mod Podge. At first I didn’t realize I was supposed to sand with 400 sandpaper, but on a new set I did wet sand, and it seems to be going through to the paper below and getting it wet (since you’re supposed to wet sand). Any suggestions?

Hi Katie! It depends on the paper, but for a fine finish that doesn’t tear the paper use #0000 steel wool. That way, if the paper is fragile, you won’t have to worry about damage. :D