Vintage train case.

I LOVE vintage train cases, but I don’t have one. I went onto Ebay and apparently everyone else wants one too, because the cool ones have bids. I wish I had a friend who would give me one like Suzy from Georgia Peachez. She was given this train case, and used a little wallpaper and Mod Podge to fix it up. Which brings me to another thing I have mentioned before: wanting to try wallpaper on a Mod Podge project. Suzy has inspired me to finally get my wallpaper on! Look for something from me very soon.

Please visit Suzy here to see the entry for her train case and to enjoy the rest of her blog; it’s very creative. She has all kinds of things from sewing to recipes to organizing tips, all of which benefit me. I know they will benefit you too.

Comments

1. Crafterella says

I have had good luck finding train cases at yard sales and usually they are super cheap! I once bought an entire set of vintage luggage (3 pieces) for $1.00!

2. Char says

I totally have one! My mom found it at a thrift store when I was a little girl and I used to keep my ballet stuff in it. It’s currently holding American Girl doll clothes in my daughter’s room, but I think it’s about to go missing….

3. pam says

Why, why, why did I think I would never use my old train case again and give it away??? What possessed me to do that.

Thank you for sharing this brilliant idea and introducing me to another crafty mind!

4. SisterDG says

This is really cute! I have a train case that I’ve never quite known what to do with. This gives me some great inspiration. Thanks!

5. Cathe Holden says

I have such craft envy right now, it’s sinful. What a beautiful collage of papers on this train case. I’m blown away. Thanks for sharing it, I enjoyed my visit to her blog as well!

6. Bathina says

Wow, what a case – shame I miss the great second hand market at the weekend here.
    Love it too much!
    ;-)

Suzy has always been one of my very favorite blogs! I must say I have spent some time here tonight enjoying myself and all the great projects. I spend the weekend Mod Podging. It’s always a very satisfying experience!!!! :)

8. Carmen says

I keep seeing Mod Podge mentioned, I love decoupage too – I’ve been using Decopatch but go over the top when it’s dry with another sealer as I don’t like the finish. I’m definitely going to have to give Mod Podge a go.

This case is gorgeous and has given me hope for my battered make-up case I want to alter that I keep my stamps in ;) Glad I found this blog.