I think filing cabinets are pretty much the bomb.

Decoupage filing cabinet Decoupage a filing cabinetI completely relate to Briana, creator of the blog I do all my own stunts and this project, in many ways. We’re both from Seattle, she likes Marc Jacobs and organization doesn’t come naturally to her. She also likes Mod Podge.

Briana was inspired to decoupage said filing cabinet by several she had seen on the internet, including this one posted here on Mod Podge Rocks (also see another one here). She features her own on her blog right here. I think she did a beautiful job, and I’m proud to share another decoupage success story. If you are new to the Podge, think about trying an old filing cabinet. It’s easier than it looks.

Comments

1. :::b r a n d i::: says

I soooo love this! I have a little white filing cabinet that is in desparate need of some Mod Podge.

I just posted a blog about a clock I made using Mod Podge. I didn’t use it in quite the same way you normally feature stuff. I am pleasedw ith my outcome.

2. Mommy of three says

Along the same lines as these filing cabinets, I want to modge podge some paper to the front of the drawers on a boring IKEA dresser. My husband’s concern is bumps and wrinkles (which have ocurred in past modge podge projects). He is a bit of a perfectionist, and I am not. But I want it to look good. Can you reccommend any way to avoid those bumps and wrinkles?

3. A.Robinson says

I love this post. My husband and I just bought a dinged up but very functional filing cabinet, and I can’t wait to try this out on ours.

4. Ter says

Wow, what an awesome idea. I just had to throw out my ugly old filing cabinet, not because it was ugly but because somehow it got damaged and wouldn’t open and I had to break it apart. But if I get another filing cabinet I’ll have to remember this idea! ;)

5. Michelle says

I love the filing cabinet. I just refinished a nightstand and dresser. I used Mod Podge to put patterned paper on the drawers. Maybe I should make a filing cabinet to match…

I really love your file cabinets. I appreciate that you’ve spiced it up from the standard grey and tan paints usually seen in offices everywhere. I’m going to have to spend a little time this weekend plotting out my file cabinet makeover now!